What's new

Any way to get keepcase inserts for old Warner snapper titles ? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen any old Warner snapper titles reissued in keepcases (except NxNW which was a part of the Hitchcock boxset) ? I am sure Warner will be doing that once the stock runs out on the snapper versions. I was wondering if Warner may also provide just the keepcase inserts to people who already own the snapper versions (even if it is for a nominal price of say $1 or $2 each).

I have a number of Warner titles in snapper cases (mostly classic titles) that will probably never be reissued in the current DVD format as 2-disc SEs. I would love to move the DVDs to keepcases if I could find the right inserts. I have tried scanning and printing keepcase inserts at home and have never been satisfied with the results. Many Warner titles seem to use a lot of black and this just sucks up the ink from my inkjet. I haven't tried printing stuff at Kinkos, but I would much rather get the original-quality inserts even if I have to pay (a reasonable price) for them.

-D

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
Calamity Jane and The Pajama Game will both be reissued in keepcases as part of the Doris Day set in April – a hopeful sign that more repackagings may come.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
If you feel that you must have a keepcase package of those old snappers, may I suggest purchasing a decent quality scanner-printer and buying a pack of high-quality glossy A4 sheets. It's also worth having a scanner-printer for creating your own artwork for covers to take the place of mediocre 'floating-head' artwork. You won't have to do that Warner, of course, as most of their designs are excellent.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
You can always cut the cardboard and get it in a keepcase. I tried this with 'GoodFellas' and it worked although there were noticable creases.

Then the 2 disc version came out and I got that one. :b

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Even with the demise of DVDCoverart, custom covers (or simply cleaned up scans) can be found for just about any title (incl Disney, LFL, etc) if you look hard enough (Google is your friend). I have converted all of my snappers, digipacks, etc. this way. Blank cases (single disc, multidisc, slim, etc) can also be had at reasonable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks