What's new

Any thoughts on Mission Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Mark Tomlin

Agent
I have the opportunity to pick up some NIB Mission 773e's (fronts) and a 77C1 (center) dirt cheap and was hoping to get some feedback from forum members before I purchased them. I have read all the reviews on audioreview.com but wanted to get more feedback from forums, whose judgement I trust more than blind reviews.
Both models are closed-out so I won't be able to audition them on a showroom floor. From what I have gathered about Mission from the audiophile mags (What Hi-Fi)and local dealers, they are made in the UK and very highly thought of there. At the price I would be paying for these, I would be able to unload them with little or no loss if they don't match my system (using Denon 3801). I believe Denon is also the US distributor for Mission. I understand the 773e's would need to be paired with a good sub and I would be using a Paradigm PS-1200.
------------------

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,
I'm a big fan of the Missions. I live in a small apartment so I have 771's up front with the 77C1 center. I like them so much I was trying to buy the 773e's before they went out of stock. Great clarity and mellow midrange, but certainly not muddy.
Be warned though, many people accuse Missions of being slightly too bright (Stereophile Guide to Home Theater just did a review of the 780's and said that they were a bit too bright, but extrememly accurate). Also you should know that Mission doesn't have the strongest foothold in the USA and finding replacement parts or getting repairs will be extremely difficult.
BTW, what kind of price are you getting on the 773e's? Does the dealer have any more, in black?
Good luck.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
I use a matched bookshelf system in my bedroom off a rxv995(yam) ---772's,77c & ds rears (all voice matched ,of course)also haveklipsch ksw12 there too
and as we all know "of course they're the best, that's why I own them!"
but seriosly, compact &musical w/a great image
------------------
Matt says "if you have received good service from a salesman,if he has educated you as to what you should buy, buy from him! not from the internet!"

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Most people put B&W, Missions and KEFs in the same catagory.
Had missions for quite a while and brought home a used pair of KEFs and was converted instantly.
I would put Missions ahead of KEFs for acoustic music but that's about it. HT - the KEFs are incredible.
Listen with an open mind and choose what sounds good to you
------------------
Why?
Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
I am a superhero!
A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS!
-Space Ghost..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks