What's new

any suggestions for a good 7 channel amp? (1 Viewer)

Curtis_Edwards

Stunt Coordinator
Good clean power, natural/neutral sound etc. What are some of my choices? Haven't really priced these before so I am not sure what they cost.

It will be used to push 4 ohm speakers with a 93db sensitivity rating.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Well, if the Outlaw's new Model 770 (built by ATI) seven-channel amp (200 watts x 7 @ 8 ohms) is anywhere near their upcoming Model 950 pre-amp for bang vs. buck, then I'd say you have a winner on your hands. $1,799 is the price bandied about.

What's the budget? Balanced Audio Technology and/or their partner Integra Research is or has come out with their own 7 channel amp and it's very pricey although a professional, fully balanced, zero-feedback design (or so I'm told) like the Theta Dreadnaught five-channel amp.

Dan

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I was thinking again last night! Very dangerous for me!
What if you bought 3 high power cheap stereo rcvrs and used them as amps and bought a cheap good 7/6 channel AV RCVR for the preamp/sub.
I'm sure someone has done this and has lived to tell about it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve Lozon

Auditioning
How about the B&K 7270.A search on yahoo shows it as low as $2400-$2500.Rated at 7x200,weight about 75 lbs. __________________________________________________ ___________ Steve L

Curtis_Edwards

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw amp is on my list. It is supposed to be below $2K.

What about the Anthem PVA-7? I think that is priced at $1500 or so. Any thoughts on the Anthem?

My limit is $1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks