any suggestions for a good 7 channel amp?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis_Edwards, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

Good clean power, natural/neutral sound etc. What are some of my choices? Haven't really priced these before so I am not sure what they cost.

It will be used to push 4 ohm speakers with a 93db sensitivity rating.

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Well, if the Outlaw's new Model 770 (built by ATI) seven-channel amp (200 watts x 7 @ 8 ohms) is anywhere near their upcoming Model 950 pre-amp for bang vs. buck, then I'd say you have a winner on your hands. $1,799 is the price bandied about.

What's the budget? Balanced Audio Technology and/or their partner Integra Research is or has come out with their own 7 channel amp and it's very pricey although a professional, fully balanced, zero-feedback design (or so I'm told) like the Theta Dreadnaught five-channel amp.

Dan

3. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

I was thinking again last night! Very dangerous for me!
    What if you bought 3 high power cheap stereo rcvrs and used them as amps and bought a cheap good 7/6 channel AV RCVR for the preamp/sub.
    I'm sure someone has done this and has lived to tell about it.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Steve Lozon

Steve Lozon Auditioning

How about the B&K 7270.A search on yahoo shows it as low as $2400-$2500.Rated at 7x200,weight about 75 lbs. __________________________________________________ ___________ Steve L

5. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

The Outlaw amp is on my list. It is supposed to be below $2K.

What about the Anthem PVA-7? I think that is priced at $1500 or so. Any thoughts on the Anthem?

My limit is $1500.

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer