What's new

Need an amp for two titanics (1 Viewer)

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
I've been running this set of dual titanics for about a year now, each with its own carvin dcm1000 to power it. i've had one of the amps for about 7 years now, and over the last couple years has slowly stated to stop working. its now completely dead. I had found a dcm2500 on craigslist, but before the guy shipped it he tested it out one last time, and it turns out one of the channels arent working. so now i'm not putting too much trust in carvin amps. its been a while since i've had to search around for equipment, so im not even sure what websites are good places to look for amplifiers. it seems like almost all of the high powered amps out there are intended for djs and bands. the one i keep coming back to is the behringer ep2500. these seem awfully cheap, giving me the feeling of too good to be true. are these a decent amp, or known for problems? any other suggestions for what i should be looking at? i'd prefer in the neighborhood of 900-1000 watts per channel at 4 ohms. headroom

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The EP-2500/EP-4000 will give you about 600w @ 20hz into 4 ohms. I've run one for years with only one issue and it was my fault. I went cheap on the $10 fan upgrade and the fan stopped. A stopped fan = blown output transistors. I bought a new one and it has worked great for 3 years. Their new iNuke line gets rave reviews. You can even get a DSP model that has a digital, parametric EQ built in.

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like every time i come around to this forum with questions, you're always the guy with answers sir robert. thanks :) so i'm looking at the inuke nu3000. how is it possible that an amp producing that kind of power only weighs 8 pounds? am i missing something, or am i just used to the dead weight of the carvins? and whats the deal with the "1/4 combo jacks"? will the normal 1/4" plug work on those? never seen them before. and as long as i'm picking your brain... is there any better way to get an amp like this to work besides the rca to 1/4" adapters i'm currently using? thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks