What's new

Any Reviews on Starfighter or Obi Wan for Xbox yet? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone tried either of these titles on the Xbox, or seen any reviews on them? Starfighter seems like a winner from the Ps2 reviews, but I have this feeling that Obi Wan is either going to be great or terrible.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Chris,

I rented Starfighter this weekend and I like it a lot. I only played the PS2 version of Starfighter at Best Buy so I can't compare the two. The graphics look real nice and the controls are smooth. The game moves at a good pace and I didn't notice any slowdown in the 1st few missions I have played. The DD 5.1 sound is excellent. The music score is what really shines in the 5.1 format. I think I am going to buy this game in the next couple of months.

Obi-wan doesn't look that great to me, but hopefully it will be. I am a lot more anxious for Jedi Knight 2 than I am Obi-wan.

-Dean-

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So does starfighter play the same as rogue leader, or is it deeper (I'd heard that it was the midground between Rogue and X-Wing).

As for Obi Wan, I like the lightsaber-centric idea, and I'm looking forward to trying it, but you're right-Dark Forces 3 looks like it'll be great!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Starfighter plays exactly like Rogue Leader. I would call Starfighter and Rogue Leader "shooters" while X-Wing has sim elements.

Corey Albers

Agent
just got done playing Starfighter for Xbox and graphically it is a big improvement over the PS2 version. IMO, it has much better play control than Rogue Leader for GameCube. which is too bad since the GCN controller is amazing.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I found that strange, since they seemed to rave over the ps2 version. Just different reviewers' styles?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks