Any Reviews on Starfighter or Obi Wan for Xbox yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Has anyone tried either of these titles on the Xbox, or seen any reviews on them? Starfighter seems like a winner from the Ps2 reviews, but I have this feeling that Obi Wan is either going to be great or terrible.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Obi-Wan looks awful from the movies I've seen ;( Bring on the new Jedi Knight 3 !!

3. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Chris,

I rented Starfighter this weekend and I like it a lot. I only played the PS2 version of Starfighter at Best Buy so I can't compare the two. The graphics look real nice and the controls are smooth. The game moves at a good pace and I didn't notice any slowdown in the 1st few missions I have played. The DD 5.1 sound is excellent. The music score is what really shines in the 5.1 format. I think I am going to buy this game in the next couple of months.

Obi-wan doesn't look that great to me, but hopefully it will be. I am a lot more anxious for Jedi Knight 2 than I am Obi-wan.

-Dean-

4. Chris Bardon

So does starfighter play the same as rogue leader, or is it deeper (I'd heard that it was the midground between Rogue and X-Wing).

As for Obi Wan, I like the lightsaber-centric idea, and I'm looking forward to trying it, but you're right-Dark Forces 3 looks like it'll be great!

5. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Starfighter plays exactly like Rogue Leader. I would call Starfighter and Rogue Leader "shooters" while X-Wing has sim elements.

6. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Starfighter seems "faster" to me than Rogue Leader, but they play very similiar.

-Dean-

7. Corey Albers

Corey Albers Agent

just got done playing Starfighter for Xbox and graphically it is a big improvement over the PS2 version. IMO, it has much better play control than Rogue Leader for GameCube. which is too bad since the GCN controller is amazing.

8. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

IGN have reviewed Starfighter and gave it 7.8

9. Chris Bardon

Yeah, I found that strange, since they seemed to rave over the ps2 version. Just different reviewers' styles?