What's new

Any Reviews of "24" S2 or "Family Guy" S3 Up Yet? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
As I recall, the last sets of both series (at the least 24's) had reviews in some places at this point in time before their releases

While I'm on the Subject, How about "PCU" as well?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I just received PCU in the mail this afternoon and sampled a few scenes. The transfer is very nice for a low budget, nearly 10 year-old film. The audio is only 2.0, but the George Clinton concert still sounded pretty nice and "Afternoon Delight" is as annoying as ever. :D

As far as the extras, there are 2 commentaries, a 5-minute EPK style featurette, a music video, and the trailer(which for some odd reason is in 2.35:1). I listened to a few minutes of the Jeremy Piven commentary. A few dead spots here and there, but I did find out that his only ad-libbed line in the entire film is "don't be that guy".

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I've noticed 1.85:1 films sometimes have 2.35:1 trailers. The recent edition of "Something About Mary" has a 2.35:1 trailer. I guess maybe it was printed onto a 2.35:1 film and had to be in an anamorphic format

So there are 2 Commentaries? A featurette and music video for a obscure (although cult) title. Yet, the eagely awaited John Hughes films get nothing but a trailer? Scary Stuff!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
24 S2 is just as good as S1.

the intros are better, but they need a PLAY ALL function.

slight grain in first episode, and afternoon eposides used natural lighting = dark.

no promo for S3, so we're stuck story-wise...so to speak.

watched in 3 nights!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
That mentioning of 1.85:1 having 2.35:1 trailers.

I recently saw the trailer for the 2003 remake of

The Texas ChainSaw Massacre

I notice immediately it was in 2.35:1 (however the one I saw online was 1.85:1.

At first I figured the online trailer was cropped to 16:9 but quickly realized the image was just zoomed in. It didn't look awful, but I was used to seeing the image with more top/bottom space (saw the trailer tons of times online).

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
I have lots of package shots of 24 Season 2 and Family Guy, but I am forbidden from posting pictures at this forum because I am 'new'. I can't even give you a link to where they are, but they are in the forums at DVDfile. My username there is Moonraker.

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
You guys, I just heard from my wife today that Fox sent me Season 2 of "24" and Volume 2 of "Family Guy". I will have reviews up in a couple/few days. They both hit 9/9, so they are on my immidiate list to be reviewed.

However, in my shipment was also X2: X-men united. I unfortunately have to send X2 back in a few days, so I have to concentrate on that one first.

After X2, 24 and Family guy, I have "the Dancer Upstairs" 9-23 and "Bend it Like Beckam" to review which hits 9-30.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Damn that's a long fold out. Too bad they didn't go with the Slim Cases on this one

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Hehe. I will always try and review all DVD's that Fox sends that havent hit yet. The only real problem is, I havent had time to watch any of these shows over the years. So I am getting all of these Season 2 sets, but I dont have Season 1 or have never seen Season 1 Episodes. Kind of a bummer.

I really wish I had Season 1 of "24". I hear its an awesome show. Unfortunately I have been getting these DVD's late. I wish I had time to go rent 24 Season 1. But with X2 here (just the disks, no packaging) and having to send it back right away, I will be busy with X-Men all weekend. Not to mention I have to give 2 demo's this weekend for the Rocket Loudspeakers and SVS B4+ Sub. Very BUSY weekend!!

PeterKelly

Agent
Real Name
Peter Kelly
I have had these box sets for a week, and I'm glad you all enjoy the box shots. I loved seeing them in the old reviews, so whenever possible, I will take pictures. :)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I unfortunately have to send X2 back in a few days, so I have to concentrate on that one first.
Yes, that IS strange. Fox certainly did not do this with Daredevil and reviews were being posted about the same time in advance (approx. 3 months) of its street date. :confused:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just read the article.

This is incredible news! I am so happy
to see a ressurection of Family Guy.

Just great news to read this Sunday morn'

I also just received my Season III set so I'll
be doing a marathon of these episodes over the
next week or so. I am so psyched -- this is the
first time I have ever seen these episodes (after
watching Seasons I&II) so you can imagine how
excited I am to get to this set.

I also hope to purchase a copy of 24 whilst
out in Los Angeles in another week or so (I can
get it very cheap out there). Will be looking
forward to finally watching Season 2.

Fox is going to end up keeping me rather busy
with all these episodes over next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks