ANy reason I should spend $200+ more for the "top end" Panny DVD Recorder??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Alf S, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    Of all people, my wife last night actually asked me if we could get a DVD recorder to create DVD's of kids shows (Wiggles etc)for our little girl and let her watch them on her DVD player in her toy room.

Well "OF COURSE!" I said. However I know little about them. I've been researching and I'm pretty sure I want a Panasonic since I can put it on my Best Buy card.

Thing is, looking at the "Compare" feature offered on Panny's site, the E30 to me seems like a logical and cost effective choice for us (less than $350).

Can anyone tell me why I should consider going to the model 50 for instance for another $100+?? I know the top end has a HD which is cool, but I'm guessing my wife would draw the line before I opted for a $600 toy like that.

Any thoughts?

Here's the Panny link that compares the 3 I like:

COMPARE

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    The 50 is the replacement of the 30. I think their features are the same, so I would wager the only difference is newer tech. Proabably results in better software. Maybe better recording reliability. I own the 50, and I paid a little over $400 for it. All I can tell you is so far, so good. No failed burns, and nothing but amazing quality.

3. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

The E50 does not suffer from the "black level bug" the E30 does. The bug made DVD-Rs look a little bright/washed-out. The E60 just adds a built-in SD card slot if that's useful to you.

4. Ben Clement

Ben Clement Auditioning

The 60 also adds DV input, probably quite useful if you have a miniDV camera and want to copy your video straight to DVD.

5. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy

I have a few DVD-Rs that suffer from this. They were made by a friend of mine. That alone would make me stay away from the 30. Its horribly distracting.