What's new

Any reason for slight letterboxing of 1:33 images on region-free player? (1 Viewer)

AbbyNormal

Agent
Real Name
Jeff Heise
:confused: Some of the R2 DVDs get a slight letterbox treatment on my region-free player (a Daewoo, unfortunately-hoping to upgrade soon). For example, my copy of PRISONER OF SHARK ISLAND has ever so slight black bands at the top and bottom of my monitor, but my WINGS and NAPOLEON discs (both R6 discs) do not. And my copy of NICKELODEON-which is supposed to be at 1:66 looks the same as SHARK ISLAND-I hope I'm not missing any picture information. Anyone have a possible explanation?

Also, I really want to find a region-free DVD recorder/Hi-Fi VCR to start converting some VHS tapes to DVD and get rid of them. Any dealers here in the states that would be reputable to contact?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Do you know what the original aspect ratio of the content was?

It may not have been exactly 1.33. there are some titles that are like 1.37 out there that will have very small bars. Sometimes they crop slightly off the edges to fill out the 1.33, sometimes they dont. This might be one of those cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks