What's new

Any other Ghost Hunters fans? (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Dave, chill out man.

Of course there are aspects of the show that are "produced", who gives a crap? The relevant part of the show is the TAPS investigations and what they find or don't find, not what SciFi channel has to produce to bookend the investigations with a "show". That the producers feel the need to dress up the "before and after" isn't the point of watching this kind of show.

I'd imagine that the day that Grant and Jason will arrive, a production team gets there first and sets up some stuff and talks with the person about the fact that they are documenting the TAPS investigations for a TV show and how they need to get certain shots and takes (regarding TAPS arrival). So they probably shoot a few things so the editors have what they need to work with. Then once that crap is done, TAPS can get down to business and move on with their own documentation of the investigation.

I mean, when Jay and Grant are on a plumbing job and get a call from the TAPS office about an investigation, or are driving to or from a plumbing job and get a call from the TAPS office about a good investigation prospect, of course that stuff is staged. They don't have a camera crew on them all day long when they are at work just in case they get a call from TAPS. It's clear they do that stuff as necessary (at least in the opinion of the producers) part of bookending the investigations with the TV show stuff. That always seemed obvious to me and has no impact on what I believe the TAPS folks are doing within their own actual investigations. I have no problem separating those two aspects of this show.

Always nice when a forum members chases off someone new who might have something to add that others might be interested in.

Thanks.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Sean, did you even read what I wrote right before your post?
In case you missed it...

and if you read back in the thread, I had already stated my 2 cents about the show BEFORE Gerry came in so I wasn't jumping on him anyway. And, I still stand by everything I said about the show itself. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Now THAT was good.
And I am sorry.
I actually do believe in this and have had many odd experiences growing up so I care if the show is real or not. And I do like it.
I also liked "Most Haunted" and felt pretty gypped when that was exposed.
Not saying GH will be. I hope not.

Peace

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Apologies accepted. And one post (+ immediate reply) removed. Stop the personal attacks, if necessary read our rules once more.

Thanks.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have edited my comments and sent an apology email and PM to Gerry.
Maybe he will post again.

gerrymac48

Grip
Real Name
GERRY
I have returned ! lol. Anyway, tyvm Dave and congrats ! I guess I was just being a little over sensative from tv jitters. Sorry to any offended.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Glad to have you back, Gerry.
I'll be the first to admit I was being too confront-y.
New baby making us sleep deprived.

We look forward to hearing your input!

:) dave

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I went through the no-sleep routine 4 years ago with my daughter and it can easily drive you to the edge and back, but it's all worth it. Congrats, Dave. After baby spitups, dirty diapers, and all that business it's no wonder Ghost Hunters just doesn't seem scary! A packed diaper at 3 AM is truly FRIGHTENING!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Really liked the lighthouse one last night. I think the reason this show has grown on me is that they act like guys, not some "expert" come in to deliver some dry dismissal.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Holy crap, i'm really late to this party!

Love Ghost Hunters, as a believer in the paranormal myself this show is a safe haven for us because of the nature of their intentions when they visit a location, they go to debunk the claims made by the occupants, not prove them and that's a very unique way to approach this field of study.

The St. Augustein Lighthouse remains the teams greatest investigation IMO, they witnessed and caught so much that night that it sends chills down my spine thinking about it today.

I can't wait for the new season to begin! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Lighthouse was indeed amazing.

It seems like that investigation was as close to the holy grail as they can ever realistically expect to get.

I know that they don't live in that area and they obviously want to investigate many other locations/claims, but if I did what they did and had an experience like that I'd want to arrange for a long term study. How could you not?

I hope they at least make another trip back there as soon as they can. But just because something is "hot" one night doesn't guarantee that it will be hot again on any random night. Since they typically only hit a place for one night, they still wouldn't be guaranteed to see the same stuff (like with the one prison they investigated that was hot the first time and dead the second time). Thus the benefit of long term study.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
If one wants to see amped-up and overly exaggerrated hauntings, watch the Discovery Channel's A Haunting series lol.

Some of the stuff they reenact on that show is so over the top that it's unbelievable. The following is a typical example of how they exaggerate things in the reenactments...i'm sure that in reality someone would catch a glimpse of a dark shadowy figure in the hallway of their house but then when they reenact that same incident on A Haunting they now see a cloaked figure complete with bangings, horns, smoke and glowing red eyes. :rolleyes

I like that show because they do depict some rather entertaining and frightening ghost stories but they go way overboard a lot of the time lol, and don't even get me started on the narrator of the show, he sounds so sinister himself that i'm more afraid of him than I am of the ghosts.

I've watched Ghost Hunters from the very beginning and I have yet to see Jason and the boys encounter anything as dramatic as some of the stuff that happens on A Haunting, the St. Augustein lighthouse is the closest they've ever come I think.

TwoKings

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

LoL, I caught a marathon of A HAUNTING a few months ago when when I was hungover at a friends house and it was a freaking riot. The "Ghost Hunters" they used in some of them were the type that TAPS would laugh at... The reenactments were over the top as you said.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the lighthouse one is pretty amazing - genuinely scary and really intense. I think that they might get a similar type atmosphere if they are investigating some of the older sites around Europe - sometimes places like that - ruins, churches, etc., have more of an almost - haunted atmosphere about them anyway. (Plus, I love Europe. I'd love to see them investigate some of the older landmarks or churches or something.)

But, I think I wouldn't believe the show if they were regularly running into demon looking things with red eyes or something. The fact that they debunk things first, and it's not over the top like some other shows. It feels more like real science.

New episode this Wednesday! Yaaaaaay!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Jason and Grant do a weekly podcast and apparently (I downloaded it but only listened to about 5 minutes) they get into it with one of the people from Most Haunted.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It is not fair to mention Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters in the same paragraph. :)

Comparing the 2 is not possible. It would be like saying MXC is the same thing as the Olympics. One is a spoof of the other. Most Haunted is pure entertainment (to some people anyway) and not meant to be scientific in any way.

I admit I am bitter. I started to watch MH not knowing it was all fake. I feel like I was lied to and tricked.. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks