What's new

Any news on Welcome Back, Kotter??? (1 Viewer)

StacyV

Second Unit
I swear, if Ron Palillo is in any way responsible for holding this release up, I'm going to ring his neck!
R. Kay, I see you're from New York. Did you happen to catch Ron hosting 70's Saturday Night on WB11 a few months ago? I was hoping then that he'd mention a possible season 1 dvd release.

John*P

Second Unit
I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets, but I'm not touching any "best of" discs...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets, but I'm not touching any "best of" discs...
Another "Quote of the year" for me as well. I just can't see buying a "best of" set but I guess it serves a purpose for some that might not want an entire season's set of something or as a sampler.

R. Kay

Second Unit
R. Kay, I see you're from New York. Did you happen to catch Ron hosting 70's Saturday Night on WB11 a few months ago? I was hoping then that he'd mention a possible season 1 dvd release.
Nope. Didnt even know about it. I would assume if Pallilo wasnt getting any money for the dvd release, I wouldnt think he'd mention it ..

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets,but I'm not touching an "best of" discs
What if that's the only way we can get a season set of Welcome Back,Kotter?I have a feeling that Warner Bros. are releasing the "best of" disc to test the waters,for the potential of a season set.If the "best of" doesn't sell,to their expectations,then,unfortunately,we won't be getting a season set.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy the best of disc, if its priced low enough as I want season sets, and this may be a way to test the market like Sony did with Married...with Children. So if its priced low enough, I'm in.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'll buy if it comes out just to have something to enjoy in the mean time.
I don't have a problem with best ofs discs as long as they release season sets too.
And sometime I just want to watch a single episode and don't want to go through the trouble of looking for a good episode to pop in. I think of it as having a museum copy and a public library copy. :)
We already know that it's a test, but geez they must know it'll sell! It's kotter not some no name show.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Has anyone heard if the remaining seasons of Welcome Back Kotter will be released. There is a rumour of a a movie staring Ice Cube.

I love 1970s and 1980s tv, it help define a generation. It is too bad that this another stalled season.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'd also get more releases if available. Since it's a WB release, it's possible we'll see more. I had to check my S1 set because I thought Kotter was a Sony release.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Yep Sony is notorious for dropping series. So we all assume if the series is stalled, it has to be a Sony series. LOL

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to get the rest of this series as well, unfortunately WB is not much better than Sony with completing their series.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Randy Korstick said:
I'd love to get the rest of this series as well, unfortunately WB is not much better than Sony with completing their series.
No they aren't. I heard the first season did poor numbers, so it would probably be a small miracle if WB released the second season.
One more tv classic in limbo.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Of course there won't be most releases. It's a Warner-owned sitcom that doesn't start with the letter F.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
if they ever release TV shows through the archive series, MOD, then maybe we will be able to order the rest of the seasons. Unfortunately, they have not released any TV series through the archive series yet.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The bottom line is sales. If the first season didn't sell then unfortunately there's your answer.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
MatthewA said:
Of course there won't be most releases. It's a Warner-owned sitcom that doesn't start with the letter F.
No, it's a sitcom that probably didn't sell well enough to warrant another season set.:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks