What's new

Any New Freaks & Geeks Info? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Anything knew? I know it seemed like they were rolling right along a year or so ago, but I haven't heard anything for quite some time.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Music rights are prohibitively expensive. Several attempts have been made to bring the series to DVD (talks progressed reasonably far with Rhino and A&E Home Video, from what I've heard), but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon, unfortunately.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
i love this series so much, that i would provide money for the music rights...if i had money..:frowning: ...maybe we can start a fund? :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown: ?

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
just wondering if there was any substantial news since dvd has gone a little tv show crazy lately...what better time to release this thing than now?

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I have been talking with Adam about this for two years now, so I really have nothing new to add. I said it before and I'll say it again, we need this PERFECT show on DVD. My VHS tapes can't last forever.

Jason

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy this show. I've only caught a few episodes, since ABC Family feels the need not only to chop them up and edit the word "crap" from its Midnight Cable reruns but to air the episodes sporadically as well. Seems like 2 out of every 3 weeks there's a movie instead of the scheduled episode re-airing. Good show, and I hope it gets to DVD. Heck, it shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.