What's new

Any MSN users? (1 Viewer)

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I don't use MSN myself, but my girlfriend does. I recently upgraded her from MSN 7 to 8, naturally assuming this wouldn't cause problems, and everything seems to work for the most part, but little changes are driving her crazy. Is there any way to revert back to the previous version? If not, here are the main complaints I'd like to try to fix:

1) When you log in, there is a mail icon on the main toolbar that shows the number of unread messages. This is almost always wrong now, but wasn't before we upgraded, any suggestions?

2) The geniuses took the print icon off the main bar, but I doubt it can be fixed.

3) Previously, you could place a checkmark next to all spam, then hit a block sender button to add the senders to the junkmail filter. Now, the only was I can find to do it you have to manually type in each address to block... again, any help here?

Any fixes or suggestions will really be appreciated.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Drew: The number for me is almost always off too. This doesn't bother me, as I realize it's still actively filtering junk mail.

I usually don't add individual email addresses to the junk folder. The filter has gotten accurate enough that most junk is filtered automatically, so I think you should have no problem highlighting all your junk mail and clicking Junk.

Print can be used by pressing CTRL+P, and its still under the file menu. Just use this shortcut if you want to print something.

Hope that helps! :)

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response Brian, but I still see this as a backwards "upgrade". Most MSN users are pretty casual users, and are going to be the type to prefer a big printer icon rather than menues and/or keyboard shortcuts. The junk mail has been getting worse, and I don't see why they took that functionality away... and finally it just seems weird that her mail sync problem wasn't there until we "upgraded". Even stranger, the software was never installed on my machine, but it seems to be running 8, I guess it does an automatic update?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks