What's new

Any Jonatha Brooke fans? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wondering if there are any fellow Jonatha Brooke fans out there. She will be releasing a new album in February. No word yet if she will be doing a DVD release as well, but there's a good chance given the warm reception of the previous one. To my knowledge she is still the only artist who has released a double-sided disc with full-featured DVD-V on one side and DVD-A on the other. If she can pump up those video production values a little for this next one it'll be even better!

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Yes, really like her stuff. Saw her live a couple of years back at the Barns of Wolftrap (wolftrap.org) which is very small and a great place to see a concert. I guess after the new album she'll step up touring again.

TomCW

Second Unit
I like her work as well. New Dress off of Steady Pull is one of the most beautifully sensuous songs I've ever heard.
Can't wait for the new release.
Tom

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
I am a big Kate Bush,Sarah Mclaclan, Tori Amos fan, so Jonatha is a natural progression. I am just now discovering her stuff, but from what I have heard, I really like the material. I do like to start at the beginning, so I picked up her albums with the Story first, and goin from there. By the time the new album is out, I should have them all. So I am not officially a fan yet, but I am getting there fast.

Derek

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh yes, I've liked her since her days with The Story. I'll always remember seeing Jonatha and Jennifer at a Tower Records in-store appearance. They were so good together. I never heard why they broke up. I like Jennifer Kimball's music too.

It's strange, just today I found a flat of Angel In The House that I had the women sign back then. I put it up on the wall. :)

It's good to hear that Jonatha has a new album coming out. Thanks for the information.

Derek: I am a big Kate Bush, Sarah Mclaclan, Tori Amos fan, so Jonatha is a natural progression.
Kate is my main musical goddess! Love Tori and Sarah too.

You definitely should check out Happy Rhodes. I think she'd be right up your alley. (here are some song samples - it's ok, she knows I share her music)

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
Very Cool, thanks for the clips Vickie_M. Oh, and I spelled Sarah's name wrong, it should have been Mclachlan, not Mclaclan, late night last night.

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks