What's new

Any interest in GTA2 for the Dreamcast? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
This is presently going for stupid money on eBay. I'm able to get copies of the UK release shipped from a good mate for much more sensible prices. Anyone interested? It's fairly plentiful in the UK at the moment.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Any idea on how much? I had been looking around in stores here - I had no idea that it was going for high prices.

Thanks Brian!

-Dave

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'd also be interested if you have any idea of the cost. If you prefer to keep it discreet, send me a PM.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Okay, talked to my mate. Looking at closer to $30 than $25 I'm afraid. Anyone still interested? If not, not a problem. It's a little too closer to the eBay prices than I hoped, so I may drop the idea of bringing a few in.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Damn...looks like I need to run over to the local Electronics Boutique and snatch up their copy for $19.95. I had no idea it was a moneymaker. ;)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Fairly plentiful? FAIRLY PLENTIFUL?!?

Where, Brian? I hunted for months before I found one second-hand copy. Its worth it though - all the graphical nicety of the PC release and all the convenience of the PS version, although I might have to get the PC version as well at some point (its only a fiver) just for the multiplayer.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Where, Brian?
Well, all I know is my mate in Milton Keynes had zero trouble getting me a copy & says there's plenty to go round if you're willing to look hard enough.
Glad you got it. And yes, you NEED to buy the PC one. In the UK top 30 how many years after its original release? :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks for the tip then; I'll pick it up soon. I'm not anywhere Milton Keynes, so this may well be a regional thing - maybe Bucks has more Dreamcast-owning GTA fans or something...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Definitely a regional thing, Iain. He's got easy access to the shops in London.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
What's GTA2? Just curious. My brother gave me his old Dreamcast now that he has GameCube so I need to get up to speed on the better DC games.

- Guy

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
GTA2 is the sequel to Grand Theft Auto, a gloriously freeform game for the PC and Playstation, where you play a criminal working his way up through the underworld, performing missions (if you want) or just random acts of violence like stealing cars (hence the title) or killing people. BrianB was a member of the programming team, so he's naturally a proud parent, but it really is very good indeed.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Give it a try - if you've got a PC thats at least a Pentium then you're specced high enough to play the original. You're bound to find either the PC or Playstation versions ludicrously cheap somewhere, even if the DC GTA2 is quite rare. Just be warned that its a bit old-school with its top-down action, which is probably why so many people are stunned by GTA3 doing exactly the same from a more 3d camera viewpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks