What's new

Any idea whats wrong with my knee? (1 Viewer)

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
I feel on my knee when i slipped going out some stairs yesterday and brought down all 185 pounds of me onto the side of it. Now, if i put pressure on it theres a very intense burning sensation.. I originally figured this to be from an abrasion on my skin, but there doesnt appear to be any external damage.

should i have it looked at? i need my knees...

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
James,

Is there any swelling in the knee area? I injured my knee playing football, then finished it off playing softball 8-years ago. No abrasions or anything, but did hell of a lot of damage internally...torn ACL. Bottom line, if I wanted to continue playing sports and remain active I had to have it taken care of...ended up having recontructive knee surgery. Glad to report that it's holding up. I have full confidence going up and down stairs and with lateral movement. Still playing sports and running, not walking, regularly 3-5 times per week. Also, lifting weights on a regular basis, including leg work...squats, deadlifts, lunges, etc.... It depends on your intentions. At 30 y.o., I wasn't ready to stop being active so I opted for the surgery.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
there seems to be some very minor swelling...

being 16, obviously i'm sure as hell not ready to stop being active.

i'll do some very light biking later for a few minutes to see how it feels...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Although it may be nothing more than a slightly more extensive and deeper bruise, your knees are much too important to take chances with.

Go see a doctor a.s.a.p.

Cees

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'm with Cees. I've messed up both my knees over the years, and though I knew when I did it every time, it's still best to have it checked out. Once was completely torn, another was only water under the knee...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Check it out. RICE. Rest Ice Compression and Elevation. Have it looked at fairly thoroughly and although you want to rest it, do your best to find a physiotherapist who will work with you to find the limit of recovery. What I mean is, you want someone to be able to work with you to make sure you perform enough therapy. If you let it go too long, it might heal rather restrictively. Just work with a physiotherapist and gentley ease your knee back to normal. Thats the best approach. You want to start with rest and eventually work to leg workouts without going too fast. Might take a few weeks, or might take months. Depends on the injury and we can't figure that out until you have it checked out. Leave it to a professional...or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks