What's new

Any good 42" HD plasma available in the $3500 range (1 Viewer)

Ron Smith

Auditioning
Sorry folks, I meant to say 42" HD plasma.

I have narrowed my search down to a 52" Mitsubishi DLP or a 42" plasma. This is a stop-gap purchase, waiting to get a 50" plasma when the prices come down and the burn-in issue is resolved (or almost resolved) -- maybe 2-3 years.

The only thing keeping me from going with the plasma, for sure, is the burn-in issue. But, I have decided, to heck with the burn-in problem if I can pick up a plasma in the $3500 range (integrated tuner not needed). Anything available in this price range.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Hello check Ebay, i just did a check there and some of the prices for (new) 50" plasma HD start at $2,500.00
In fact one is a gateway $2,995.00 right now.

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
You can get the Panasonic TH-42PHD7UY for about that price from several internet sources. This is the latest gen from Panasonic with new phosphors that boast a 60,000 hour to half-brightness life (27 years at 6 hours per day usage) and are supposedly very burn-in resistant. FYI, you can get the 50" version for about a grand more.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks