What's new

Any DVD reviews for Amores Perros ? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Amores Perros sounds like a winner, but I was wondering how the DVD is (picture quality, sound and extras).
Can someone either post a link to a DVD review, or post their own impressions of the disc?

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more talk about this movie. I rented it last weekend and it's outstanding. The video transfer is top-notch and the 5.1 audio is fantastic. (You may have to turn down your sub at the beginning of the opening credits, though. :))
I didn't get a chance to sample the extras, such as the audio commentary.
Link Removed

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
AMORES PERROS.
Great film, great transfer and a great 5.1 mix!
Not to be missed!
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

------------------
LuvLBX

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
There are two different versions (Canadian and USA) of this DVD. Has anyone done an A/B comparison?
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I just watched this last night and was absolutely blown away. The 16x9 widescreen transfer very closely mirrors the 35mm theatrical prints. And the 5.1 Dolby track is incredible; I only saw this in Dolby theatrically and was amazed by the directionality and the use of surrounds. The music filled the room!
Another thing I liked was the disc was English/Spanish friendly, where the main menus had a cool "dissolve" feature where it would show english titles for a moment, then Spanish, and repeat it every several seconds. I haven't had the chance to go through any of the features as of yet, but will screen some tonight.
There are two different versions (Canadian and USA) of this DVD. Has anyone done an A/B comparison?
They're the same. The only difference is the packaging from Lions Gate here in Canada. There's no booklet inside, but the chapter listing is on the back.
One hell of a disc for an amazing, amazing film.
Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down?
Oh no! Let's go...let's go crazy!" Prince, Purple Rain

My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks