What's new

Any details for WWE Wrestlemania sets? (1 Viewer)

alex_

Auditioning
Is amazon now offering the leather edition case? That picture shows up on their site, unlike the other box set from other sites.

David Bixenspan

Stunt Coordinator
ACWMark posted this at the CrazyMax forums about the set:

Personally, I'll hold off a few weeks for the DDD sale to get whichever sets I order (plus the Bret and Jake sets).

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
also apparently wm 21 is stuck to the top of the case.

also regarding music, for wm 1, Hogan and Mr. T come out to "real american hero" (hogan's regular theme song) and not "eye of the tiger", but how ever, for the woman's championship match Cyndi Lauper does come out to "girl's just want to have fun" and not a copy.

David Bixenspan

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, it's "Real American," not "Real American Hero"

For WM1, there were also these licensed songs on the live broadcast:
Phil Collins - Easy Lover (Intro)
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA (USA Express)
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust (Junkyard Dog)

For WM3:
Morris Day & The Time - The Bird (Koko B. Ware)
The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius (Ricky Steamboat)

How's the scratch logo blurring on WMs 14-18?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
For WM1, there were also these licensed songs on the live broadcast:
Phil Collins - Easy Lover (Intro)
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA (USA Express)
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust (Junkyard Dog)

For WM3:
Morris Day & The Time - The Bird (Koko B. Ware)
The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius (Ricky Steamboat)

You are forgeting two more licensed songs from the early Wrestlemania.

WM1
Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F (closing)

WM3
Aretha Franklyn - Who's Zooming Who? (closing)

By the way, "Easy Lover" is actully by Phillip Baily featuring Phil Collins.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Read this thread, and weep

Sounds like Vince ponied up for Ventura, but absolutley cheaped out on the music, including some classic entrance themes (Demolition, Big Boss Man, and more). A few audio glitches from the tape to DVD conversion as well.

Hrmmm...methinks I am going to pass. The Bret set and the Jake set should appease me. Plus, the TNA Best of The X Division two disc set I just got from Hastings for 16.99 is incredible.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
idiot question, is any of hte language edited? I know that when Limp played at 19, on the dvd version, all of hte language is edited, but when the song "my way" is playing during the closing, they played the song with the s word in tact. Now i know that every bad word with the exception of "ass" and "damn" gets edited on new wwe dvds, so i was wondering about that.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, that DVD rules the school, graduates, and rules the next school.

They cut and or changed Demolition's music? Why? I thought that and the Bossman theme were done in house? I mean they were on the Anthology set a few years back. That's weird.

After at first thinking I'd buy this, now I'm thinking I won't.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I was REALLY looking forward to this set, as well as finally being able to retire my VHS Legacy collection, but after reading through the DVD Talk thread, I really have to wonder if it's worth the purchase. I'm glad Jesse Ventura's commentary is intact, but the music changes seem a bit excessive. It would be weird watching the first Wrestlemania with Hogan and Mr. T coming out to 'Real American' as opposed to 'Eye Of The Tiger'. Not to mention all of the other changes.

Then there's the blurred logo issue. I don't know how much I'd be able to enjoy watching these with blurs all over the place. The one good thing about my Legacy set is that everything's intact, music, logos, etc.

I also don't like the fact that Wrestlemania 21 is stuck at the top of the box. Was it not worthy of a digipack along with the others?

I'm really on the fence about this. On one hand, my tapes are wearing thin and it would be nice to own these on DVD, but I think I'm going to have to wait for some in-depth reviews explaining EXACTLY what is cut, etc.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
also more bad news regarding editing courtasy dvdtalk.com
I think Piper's Pit on V is edited (it has been a while since I have seen it last), but suddenly Brother Love disappears, and I remember seeing him being run off by Piper before Piper starts in with Downey.

Yeah Brother Love got his kilt ripped off and rolls around in the ring with his underwear exposed. It was the highlight of wm 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks