What's new

any chance of a "hackers" or "beetlejuice" spec ed (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
this film has a huge cult status and is (as i confirmed by dusting off my laser) great fun.

with a s.e. of softly's "backbeat" he may be up for a commentary.

Hopefully sony will milk mgm's movies like it does cthv
any one heard anything about plans or rumors

And now burton has done his "batman" extras and commentary will he be doing all of his early movies after wonka?

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Burton isn't making Wonka, he's making Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the title of the book by Roald Dahl. It's NOT a remake, as some say. (Just thought I'd clear that up.)

And yes, the only reason that's preventing me from purchasing both Beetlejuice and Hackers is a) The DVD's are very 'old' per the age of the format and considered ancient, b) no resounding extras and poor transfers per today's standards, c) gut feeling that Beetlejuice is most likely going to receive the Two-Disc Special Edition treatment from Warners, d) the only reason which is preventing me from purchasing Hackers is because it isn't anamorphic and very little to no extras, e) all of the above.

So, there you have it.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Actually, a remake is a remake, regardless of the circumscances. Mel Stuart made it. Tim Burton is making it again. Hence, "remake".

Ray_R,
The current Hackers DVD is anamorphic, and it comes with a booklet (that could be considered an extra).
I don't think that they will revisit this.

Still waiting for the Beetlejuice SE though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks