What's new

Any Car audio Questions (1 Viewer)

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
well i just joined this forum a few days ago, and you all can see i've posted alot. I'm David and I'm the guy for car audio, thats what i do and love. Jason does the Home Audio thing and he may post under my name in the HT forum. But if you have any questions for Car audio ask me and i'll help as much as possible. I don't know everything but i know alot and if i don't know i can always find out. Well, hope you guys and I have some good threads on here. There isn't much activity on here:frowning: :frowning:

SethH

Senior HTF Member
David,

I'm actually looking for help on an '88 Toyota Camry. It belongs to my Fiance. The front speakers are complete crap. A couple years ago I picked up some el-cheapo Kenwood 3.5" speakers to replace the current speakers. She doesn't want anything too nice, she just wants the rattling to stop. Problem is we could never figure out a way into the speakers. We got the speaker grills off and were met by large pieces of metal. Not sure what they are, but I can't figure out a way past them without taking apart the dash (doesn't seem worth it for $20 speakers!). Do you have any experience with '88 Camry's? Do you know an easy way into the front speakers? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VinhT

Second Unit
Go here and purchase the Crutchfield Car Stereo Starter Kit. Be sure to select your vehicle. You will receive instructions on how to disassemble your car panels for speaker installation.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
yeah crutchfield will offer a car specific speaker installation and removal for any vehicle. The speakers you are talking about at the forward mounted ones in the dash, right? They are a pain. There's usually two screws holding them down on the sides of the speaker but you have to have one of them little bent screwdrivers. Youm might want to look at the speaker from outside the windshield to see where or if there are screws holding it down. I used to have a 91 Sunbird with speakers like that and it was so hard to get them out i just took it to a shop to get them changed. If you want to DIY, order your replacement speakers from Crutchfield and they'll mail instructions with it and then you'll know how to get to all your speakers. I'll ask around and see if anyone know more details.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Scott, that's awesome! Unfortunately, there's no guide for the speakers. That seems like a perfect website, and the radio install details were great, but no speakers. Thanks again.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Seth, I asked my one of my buddies at the car audio shop i go to and he said there's two different ways a car uaually has dash speakers. If its high on the dash( on the top part) then once you pull the grilles off you should see two screws holding it down. If its once that are mounted low on the dash, kind of on underside or more toward the glovebox, then you pull off the sides of the dash and there's two to four screws holding it in, sometimes on a bracket. If you can take a pic of where the speakers are I could find out more details. No company will make it "impossible" to remove speakers just hard. Like with my car, 99 Galant, to replace the rear speakers i have to take out the entire rear seat, what a pain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks