What's new

Anthem Products (1 Viewer)

Robert_Lamb

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Anthem AVM-20. I really like it; however, it no longer has enough capabilities for my needs. I also can't see the setup on my HD TV.

Is it possible to upgrade this so that it has HDMI inputs, perhaps more component video and more digital audio?

I also see there is an AVM-50 and a Statement D2. Can anyone summarize the differences between these and possibly my AVM-20?

I would like to purchase a Blu-ray player, I have a panny plasma, HD Satellite receiver, etc. and would like to have more connections using HDMI. I currently use a Logitech universal remote that works fairly well.

Looking to start a thread to help decide why I would upgrade, purchase an AVM-50 or Statement D2. I would entertain discussions of other products, but the AVM has done very well for me to date.

Robert_Lamb

Stunt Coordinator
I would also like to know the age of these products (when they were introduced). Is there a new model coming out soon that I should wait for?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Robert, here's a good place to start:

- AVM20 Comparison Chart
- AVM 30/40/50 Comparison Chart

I believe the AVM20 came out in mid-2001, and the AVM50 came out in mid-2006. As for new products, here's a summary from CEDIA back in September:

"Anthem rolled out its Statement D2 V.2 multichannel controller ($7999), which features the firm’s proprietary ARC-1 room-correction EQ system, the latest Dolby/DTS codecs (something that other higher-end controller makers have been slow to add), and more extensive HDMI I/O options. The firm’s more affordable AVM 40 and AV50 get an upgrade, too, since they will now be offered with the firm’s ARC-1 room/speaker EQ system."

What speakers do you own? What poweramp is driving these speakers?

You'll need to upgrade to a newer series pre/pro in order to include more inputs and newer functionality such as HDMI. That being said, you have a terrific pre/pro, if it were me I would consider purchasing an HDMI switch and using analogue inputs to take advantage of new audio formats, this will save you an absolute fortune (though the AVM50 and Statement D2 are both terrific and would make me envious).

Cheers,
Alon

Robert_Lamb

Stunt Coordinator
I have Vandersteen 3A Signature Series in the front, with 2CE Signatures in the rear. I use a Klipsch center channel. I have an Aragon 3005 amp.

When I purchased the AVM-20, there really wasn't a lot of HD / HDMI choices out there. I am happy with this piece, but really want some video switching.

It looks like the AVM-40 and above have a lot of video processing which I am not really interested in. My sources all are or will be very good.

I like the idea of a video switcher; however, I'm worried about a possible delay in the sound compared to the video. I've seen things like that in the past when routing your signals through different avenues.

It looks like I would need to get at least an AVM-40 to get video switching. I really wouldn't need more.

I'm interested in a recommendation for a HDMI video switch and how people may deal with a delay in sound versus picture when routing signals through different equipment. Since I use a Logitech Harmony universal remote, it could easily switch one more piece of equipment (HDMI switch). I like the idea of saving a lot of money! Any recommendations on a good HDMI switch?

Am I missing out on something with not being able to have move codex / format options? Everything watch and listen to sounds great today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks