What's new

Anthem AVM 20 Vs. B&K ref 50 (1 Viewer)

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I have read many reviews on both of these units and they both look fantastic. But which one is the best. I use my system for mainly movies. I currently run a Lexicon DC -1 that I love, but I am needing to upgrade. I don't listen to music much but would like to be able to check out SACD or DVD audio.
Movies are my priority though!

My system

Lexicon Dc-1 v4.0
ATI 1505 & 1502 amps 7x 150w
Denon DVD 2200
Deftech bp8's main
deftech bp2x surrounds
Deftech dcs 5 rears
deftech clr 2002 center
SVS pb2 + sub
Blue jean cables throughout.

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I can get either one of these processors for 1,000-1,500 less than the Lex. I love Lexicon, but right now it is out of my price range.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Isn't the Ref50 like going for @ $2000.00 now as compared to the Avm20 at $3400.00? Unless you can get a deal on the Anthem that's kind of a jump.

IMHO the Anthem had a few more features that were important to me. Bass management on the 5.1 input and speaker selection by source. Plus they are very pro-active wth upgrades. B&K seems to take their time.

The B&K does have adjustable x-over slopes which could come in handy. Plus there's none to say they couldn't add some of the other features over time.

If for you there is a price difference, try the Ref. If you can get a deal on the Anthem and it's close. I'd get that.

Make sure you listen to both though. Either way it's a lot of money. They are both great pieces.

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
I made my decision and purchased a Ref 50 today, should be here by Friday. I could have got an avm 20 for 2400, but I thought the extra grand could go into a second pb2+.
thanks for the info.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
C H

Congratulations on your purchase!

Let us know how you like it. I have a friend that is looking at buying one and would like to hear your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks