What's new

ANT-MAN and the WASP: July 6, 2018 (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like the diagonal composition of that poster. Interesting that Paul Rudd is still the only actor with above the line billing. I figured given the title that Evangeline Lilly would also get above the line billing this time around.
Several actors are listed above the title, in a diagonal sort of way.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It looks like fun, but definitely smaller-scale than Infinity War (no pun intended.) I still wonder how they're going to get people to care about stopping whoever the villain is, since everybody knows that Thanos is coming anyway, which makes this person, well, smaller by comparison. Again -- not sure how else to say it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
IMO one of the big strengths of the original Ant-Man *was* it's, er, smaller scale. That totally worked to it's advantage. It was so refreshing to see a superhero film with humor, one that wasn't about some overwhelming threat to the very existence of the world. The stakes weren't as apocalyptic, and the movie was all the better for it. I'm hoping that the sequel is able to maintain that trajectory.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It looks like fun, but definitely smaller-scale than Infinity War (no pun intended.) I still wonder how they're going to get people to care about stopping whoever the villain is, since everybody knows that Thanos is coming anyway, which makes this person, well, smaller by comparison. Again -- not sure how else to say it.

I think they key is to get audiences to care about the protagonists. Then they should care about whatever obstacle they have to face, big or small.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The trailer makes me question something. I am speculating 100% and have absolutely no insider information at all. Still, I will put the question inside a spoiler bracket, just in case it's right. But if it is, it's just a lucky guess.

According to the trailer, "she" wants to take over the world after stealing tech from the Quantum Realm. (I can't quite tell exactly what he's saying in reference to the Quantum Realm -- it sounds like he said "You overlooked" it -- but think that's the gist of it.) What if Hank Pym's wife is actually the villain? I was thinking that the plot of the movie would revolve around them going in there to get her, but it would be a twist if she came out with a villainous agenda and they had to stop her. I sort of hope not, because I'd like that reunion to be a happy one. But the trailer makes me wonder.

Also, note the appearance of Perry White in the MCU. Just saying.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think they key is to get audiences to care about the protagonists. Then they should care about whatever obstacle they have to face, big or small.
Yeah, my favorite beat in the trailer was Scott's opening conversation with his daughter.

The trailer makes me question something. I am speculating 100% and have absolutely no insider information at all. Still, I will put the question inside a spoiler bracket, just in case it's right. But if it is, it's just a lucky guess.

According to the trailer, "she" wants to take over the world after stealing tech from the Quantum Realm. (I can't quite tell exactly what he's saying in reference to the Quantum Realm -- it sounds like he said "You overlooked" it -- but think that's the gist of it.) What if Hank Pym's wife is actually the villain? I was thinking that the plot of the movie would revolve around them going in there to get her, but it would be a twist if she came out with a villainous agenda and they had to stop her. I sort of hope not, because I'd like that reunion to be a happy one. But the trailer makes me wonder.
I don't think so, at least not the villain we saw in the trailer. Ghost is being played by Hannah John-Kamen (from Syfy's "Killjoys").

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In that case, the distinct lack of Michelle Pfeiffer in the trailer is odd, since she's a big name and we know she's in the film. Perhaps they are saving her for a big reveal in the film?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Watched the trailer and I'm really looking forward to this movie. How does an ant play the drums?

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel

I concur. Making people care about the characters is a big reason for the success Marvel has had.

Liking the look of this trailer, seems like it could be a nice palette cleanser after Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks