What's new

ANT-MAN and the WASP: July 6, 2018 (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A6456559-6174-45A4-8F6B-1359741B0FEE.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The first Ant-Man was the big winner of Phase 2 for me. I had zero expectations but I loved it, even more on repeat viewings. I may be looking forward to this more than Infinity Wars.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I really liked the first one, and that trailer was really fun, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this. I have to wonder, though, about the placement of this movie on the Marvel timeline. With the exception of the first Captain America, basically everything has moved forward, which begs the question: is this really set in between the two Infinity War films (or rather, Infinity War and whatever Avengers 4 ends up being called)? If no, where/when is it placed, and how is that going to work coming out actually in between the two Avengers?

Captain Marvel is also out before Avengers 4, but that one is a period piece and they've already said that it is set in the '90s, so it can skirt the fallout from Infinity War altogether. Ant-Man and the Wasp is not so lucky. If it actually takes place before Infinity War, but we're seeing it after we've already watched Thanos lay waste to the MCU, that's kind of a stakes issue, since why should we care about this (comparatively) lesser-stakes issue when Thanos is still very present in the overall narrative of the MCU? I'm assuming here that Avengers 3 will end in some sort of victory for Thanos which puts the heroes in a cliffhanger situation. And then we're supposed to just go back to "business as usual" for an Ant-Man sequel?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really liked the trailer music in this. I thought it had a cool “Tales to Astonish”vibe to it. Turns out it is the guitar riff from Adam And The Ants “Ants Invasion”.

Cool

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really liked the first one, and that trailer was really fun, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this. I have to wonder, though, about the placement of this movie on the Marvel timeline. With the exception of the first Captain America, basically everything has moved forward, which begs the question: is this really set in between the two Infinity War films (or rather, Infinity War and whatever Avengers 4 ends up being called)? If no, where/when is it placed, and how is that going to work coming out actually in between the two Avengers?

Captain Marvel is also out before Avengers 4, but that one is a period piece and they've already said that it is set in the '90s, so it can skirt the fallout from Infinity War altogether. Ant-Man and the Wasp is not so lucky. If it actually takes place before Infinity War, but we're seeing it after we've already watched Thanos lay waste to the MCU, that's kind of a stakes issue, since why should we care about this (comparatively) lesser-stakes issue when Thanos is still very present in the overall narrative of the MCU? I'm assuming here that Avengers 3 will end in some sort of victory for Thanos which puts the heroes in a cliffhanger situation. And then we're supposed to just go back to "business as usual" for an Ant-Man sequel?

At this point it’s still a question mark, but many speculate it takes place after Civil War (obviously) but before Infinity War. Could be that, or it could be in between IW and A4. Unless Reed or Feige directly answers that before we see these, we may not know where it fits until we actually see them (or at least it may be more clear once we see Infinity War).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Really cool new still

63B652E7-8E95-46C1-A251-A4321AC80584.jpeg

I haven’t heard anything but I wouldn’t be surprised if the second trailer hits sometime soon. Would make sense for them to have it attached to Infinity War.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven’t heard anything but I wouldn’t be surprised if the second trailer hits sometime soon. Would make sense for them to have it attached to Infinity War.

You'd think so... but then again, the most recent Infinity War trailer wasn't attached to Black Panther - that was released a couple weeks afterwards. So while it definitely is an obvious place for it and it wouldn't surprise me to see it there, it also wouldn't shock me if it wasn't there.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Ant-Man is in Infinity War, they might not want to trailer his own film in front of it as well. Of course, this film takes place pre-Infinity War anyway, so there's no risk of spoilers if the trailer is there. But, if it's not there, I'm sure it will be with Solo, which isn't too far down the pike anyway.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like the diagonal composition of that poster. Interesting that Paul Rudd is still the only actor with above the line billing. I figured given the title that Evangeline Lilly would also get above the line billing this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks