GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
"What's exciting about the business is that you can be successful and be making money at 15,000 to 20,000 units for those classic shows if costs are sort of kept down," said Marc Rashba, vice president of catalog marketing for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Oh, really? I wonder if that's true. If it is true, then there's no reason why Sony shouldn't dig into their catalog and release just about everything, including those shows from the '50s and '60s we old geezers remember so fondly. But I bet they won't!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Yep, if the existing transfers aren't cleaned up...if there are no extras...and if we get snapper cases.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks for correcting that Paul. Not sure what happened there. Somehow I copied the wrong URL.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, great article. Thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

This helps reassure some of us that might be thinking that the TV/DVD industry may start slowing down (I sure hope not!)

I guess on the "+" side of the issue is, that there are countless series that have yet to be released. The older "classic" series can't get released soon enough for me :D

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
There are still a lot of good comedies like the Phil Silvers Show, Car 54, and McHale's Navy which hasn't even been touched by the studios and had a lot of syndication. Hopefully they get to those eventually so a whole new audience can experience them.

Paul

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

What I find interesting is if they can make money at that few of units why don't they go ahead and put out the second season of shows that fans e-mail them about constantly asking for ?

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator

If it meant that we get the rest of Mad About You, I'd be completely happy with that presentation.

And for that matter, any more of Everwood...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks