What's new

Another question about exchanges (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I bought Shrek just after Christmas. Inside, on the flap that holds one of the discs, one of the tabs is broken off the center thing that holds the disc down. The disc is still held in place reasonably enough by the remaining two tabs.

My question is, would it be too anal of me to try to exchange it for another copy, just based on this?

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Thats personally up to you, I would say, I know a few of my keep cases have a broken tab or prong, depending on how bad it is I'll dismiss it or just get some extra keepcases from the store. I've never returned a disk because of something like this though....

Its all up to you, if it bothers you that much, you paid for the case, you expect it to be in tact, by all means go for it.

-Damien

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've said it before: As a matter of policy, I always ensure that I get an item I paid for in the condition it is expected to be in. That includes the prongs that hold the disc in the case.

Practically speaking, you don't want the disc roaming around in the case, and getting scratched up on the sharp point(s) where the prong(s) broke off.

I say exchange it.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I say exchange it.
I agree. You paid for the entire package, not just the DVD itself, and as a consumer you have the right to expect a fully functional package. If it bothers you, take it back, tell them the case is broken, and get another one.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I agree, you should exchange it. I know if I get home, and happen to mess up the amaray myself peeling off the "security seals"...you know how sometimes it's on a part of the insert, or on the snappers, and it will pull of a little bit of the color...I'll take it back up to the store and exchange it. It's not my fault the security sticker caused the color to peel. I would definitely exchange it the next time I went to the store for a broken/cracked tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks