What's new

Another Greatest Movie Star Listing (1 Viewer)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I also noticed that most of those mentioned are dramatic actors with occasional forays into comedy - except Peter Sellers who is predominately known for the Pink Panther series.
As for who I felt was missing: Charlton Heston

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I think that it's always problematic to put new stars in with older ones because you don't know how the movies of the new stars with hold up. Popular stars like Bing Crosby (who wasn't on the Entertainment Weekly list or this one) or dramatic ones such as Greer Garson or Paul Muni often don't hold up so much as stars with more iconic images like Dean, McQueen, or Monroe. I'm not sure the movies of Pitt or Roberts will hold up in the long run, though I think a case can be made for some of the other current ones.

And, yes, Charlton Heston should probably be on the list. He may not have been the greatest actor, but I frankly feel that a lot of his films are more watchable than those of many more acclaimed stars. Also, if you take away his historic significance, I'm not sure Sidney Poitier should be ranked so high.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I agree with comments from Robert and Cees. Poorly compiled list, obviously designed more to pump up some current stars than to give a historically accurate listing. Not worth paying attention to.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
There was a time when Clint Eastwood would easily have been in the top 5. How times have changed. Charlton Heston, one of the all time greats, starred in some massively popular epics in his time and now can't find a place in Premiere's top 50. Damn them, damn them all to hell! :angry:

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks