What's new

Another DIY Salamander Clone Rack (1 Viewer)

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
Just completed the rack today. It swivel a little bit side to side. So, I'll put a cross bar in the back to make it steady. Total cost around $130 +/- $20
Here are some pictures:

This thing is tall. It's 60 inches high yet I wish it was taller because it didnt fit all my equipments. I have to throw my VCR out.

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
Very Nice, you need to provide us with sources :). How can I copy it? hehehe. Good Job!

Bryan.T

Agent
Looks good. I was thinking of doing something similar. What did you use to support the shelves?

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
It's really easy to make. Do an Ebay search for Slot Aluminum. That's where I got mine at good prices. Also get the T-Nut that they sell. Once you have those two items the rest can be purchased from your local hardware store.

This project was inspired by Brett Miles' Salamander rack Here

BOM:
- 4 piece Slot Aluminum - Ebay
- T-Nuts, 4 for each shelf - Ebay
- 1/4-20 bolts - Hardware store (i bought the 1" long and cut it down to 3/8" because I couldn't find any where that have 3/8" long bolts)
- 8pcs 1/4-20 X 1.5" bolts to attach the top and bottom shelves to the aluminum frame - Hardware store
- 4 caster wheels with 1/4-20 thread if possible. Can be ordered online. I used the server rack casters because I already have them and they are stron. The downside to this is I can bolt it into the ends of the Slot Aluminum piece
- Aluminum L brackets 1/16" thick for shelf support - Hardware store
- Plywood for top and bottom shelves
- MDF for middle shelves
- Thread maker? to create the 1/4-20 threads at the end of each Slot Aluminum. There's a technical term for it, I just don't know what its called.

It seems blurry to me at first, but once I look at the Slot Aluminum it all becomes clear and I know exactly what to do.

So just buy the Slot Aluminum and the T-nuts, the rest you'll figure out easily.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks