What's new

Another crazy lawsuit (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
The girl was a bit on the unbalanced side. Her dad was obscenely wealthy, and she took the job because he thought it'd be good for her to get some real-world work experience before getting married. Of course, I didn't know she was engaged when she first started working there, so didn't have a problem responding to her flirting, come-ons, etc. My first warning sign should have been the fact that she wore a $20,000 full-length fur coat to work each night, but she had an unbelievable body, drove a Porsche, and was clearly loaded, so I was willing to overlook some of her strange behavior. When I found out she was extremely engaged (a month or so away from her wedding), I backed off from the flirting, fooling around, etc. A week later, the joke incident occurred. She'd always been rather flighty, so after the meeting with my boss I wasn't too surprised to hear that she was dropping the whole thing. I was just glad to be done with her.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor

Cees, if you are ever witness such an event, your pretty much screwed if you show any reaction at all. Your best bet is to pretend that you didn't notice a thing. For God sakes don't say anything. Don't try to be a "gentleman" with a nose bleed. Virtually any reaction you have can get you in trouble.

I like to laugh at all of these stupid lawsuits as much as the next guy, but there is a reason why there are so many of them and that reason is that some of them succeed. This means that all companies here are hypersensitive to ANY complaint, especially if the complaint is made against a white male and the complainer is not a white male. Any hint of impropriety (either real or imagined) can get you fired.

Cees, as a visiting foreigner who is not employed here, however, you are largely immuned. Groundless lawsuits against individuals are more rare since individuals tend to fight back rather than settle, so your pretty safe unless they can convince your employer that it's cheaper for them to fire you than to keep you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks