What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Chicken and Egg, but some people can get you started on your omelette pretty fast

This googledoc has been linked in a few digital forums and seems pretty popular

I imagine that's probably useful enough for looking up older titles (w/ well established info), especially if one's actually basing purchase decisions partly on this aspect (so don't actually have the discs and codes yet), or maybe having a rather large batch to organize in preparation for batched redemptions perhaps, but otherwise, just having a good, well-practiced process/protocol/algorithm is probably better and less complicated even though it might feel a bit like dealing w/ spaghetti code, LOL -- probably need something like that anyway to understand and manage most/all the implications I previously mentioned (and then some).

I've checked that spreadsheet a couple times before back when I first cared about this stuff and just found having to look it up (and then still fully understand the details and implications) a bit too much extra work/hassle for the most part... NVM whether there might be errors or simply (still) missing info anyway.

This following trick that Todd just mentioned helps a good deal of course:
You can verify the resolution of a MA code without redeeming by entering the code on the redemption page while logged out of your account (or opening the page in a private or incognito browser). A pop up will appear showing the movie title and resolution.

That trick can be used for more than just checking MA codes. Works for checking codes (for whatever reasons, eg. whether they're valid or already redeemed) at other platforms too.

Another thing is probably just wait some bit before trying to redeem codes for new releases. Maybe check the couple threads here where people typically post about redemption issues before redeeming for new releases to save yourself some headache, haha... That should help avert some of the issues I previously mentioned...

_Man_

Last edited:

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I know this has been discussed, please forgive me. But I rarely buy 4K discs anymore. But I have 2 now: Jaws and Alien.

Am I "safe" in registering at Movies Anywhere for the best resolution if it won't let me on iTunes?

It seems like I redeemed 4K codes previously on iTunes or Apple TV. But it's not letting me. Says the codes are invalid. So do I just do that at Movies Anywhere instead?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Some movie codes can only be redeemed at MA, those two may be in that group.

Both movies are already 4K on iTunes and elsewhere so it’s safe to redeem at MA

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I know this has been discussed, please forgive me. But I rarely buy 4K discs anymore. But I have 2 now: Jaws and Alien.

Am I "safe" in registering at Movies Anywhere for the best resolution if it won't let me on iTunes?

It seems like I redeemed 4K codes previously on iTunes or Apple TV. But it's not letting me. Says the codes are invalid. So do I just do that at Movies Anywhere instead?
Either log out of MA or open MA in a private or incognito browser window. Go to the redeem code page and enter the code. It will tell you what resolution the code will redeem as. If you are satisfied with that resolution, log in to your MA account and redeem the code. Perfectly safe.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Don't recall if there's much clarity on this, but has there been any problems w/ eventual upgrades to 4K at the various (linked) storefronts for 4K MA codes redeemed before the 4K versions are available at those other storefronts (like iTunes, Vudu)... especially if MA does indeed recognize the codes as redeeming 4K?

I have a couple cases of that (from the Columbia Classics Vol 3 set, ie. Annie and From Here to Eternity) -- I verified that MA recognizes the codes as redeeming 4K, but none of the storefronts have 4K versions yet...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Don't recall if there's much clarity on this, but has there been any problems w/ eventual upgrades to 4K at the various (linked) storefronts for 4K MA codes redeemed before the 4K versions are available at those other storefronts (like iTunes, Vudu)... especially if MA does indeed recognize the codes as redeeming 4K?

I have a couple cases of that (from the Columbia Classics Vol 3 set, ie. Annie and From Here to Eternity) -- I verified that MA recognizes the codes as redeeming 4K, but none of the storefronts have 4K versions yet...

_Man_
Vudu has 4K streams for From Here to Eternity and Annie. I just confirmed.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I actually hope this is only a temporary glitch. But when I purchased The Fabelmans on sale at Vudu and after it imported into Movies Anywhere but didn't propagate to Apple/iTunes, I did the normal disconnect/reconnect of Apple in the Movies Anywhere app, and I now find that none of my Movies Anywhere titles that where either redeemed or purchased outside of iTunes are in my iTunes library. Has anybody else lost titles in their iTunes library from Movies Anywhere?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I actually hope this is only a temporary glitch. But when I purchased The Fabelmans on sale at Vudu and after it imported into Movies Anywhere but didn't propagate to Apple/iTunes, I did the normal disconnect/reconnect of Apple in the Movies Anywhere app, and I now find that none of my Movies Anywhere titles that where either redeemed or purchased outside of iTunes are in my iTunes library. Has anybody else lost titles in their iTunes library from Movies Anywhere?
I added the code from a disc I just received (The Little Mermaid UHD from my Disney Rewards points), and it is not showing up in Apple/iTunes. I went to the manage retailers section of my account in Movies Anywhere, and noticed that both Apple TV and Xfinity needed to be reconnected. I did both, and not only is Little Mermaid still not there, but other films have disappeared, too. There must be some issue between Apple and MA. Little Mermaid does show up in Vudu.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interesting as I purchased Willy Wonka 4K digital from Vudu this weekend and had no issues with it propagating to Apple/iTunes.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Interesting as I purchased Willy Wonka 4K digital from Vudu this weekend and had no issues with it propagating to Apple/iTunes.
Is it still there? A couple of films I bought recently through Fan Flix were there until this morning when I reconnected iTunes to MA. They are not there now.

With the issue being so widespread, hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
@Mark-P Has your issue been resolved?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks