What's new

Angel season 5 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I just wish that we could see the resolution to the cliffhanger. Not so much for the resolution part, but just because that fight would kick so much ass.

Angel vs. a dragon.

Any spinoff we get is probably just going to summarize that battle in the dialogue.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just watched "You're Welcome." I remember when I saw it the first time I wasn't so touched by its sentiments, but this time definitely. I think maybe the first time I was heavily distracted by Carpenter's cleavage. I mean, was that insane or what? Even in the 100th episode featurette she's totally busting out of her shirt!

James T

Screenwriter

I sorta re-watched the episode last week. I put on the commentary while I was on the internet. The commentary is with David Fury, Christian Kane and Sarah Thompson. It wasn't the best commentary, with silence lasting a few minutes a few times, but their was some fun geek trivia in there. I'm probably gonna listen to the other commentaries to fill my geek needs. If you haven't watched the entire series, BE WARNED when listening to that commentary as they spoil the ending of the series.

Also, if anyone is curious, I stopped by my local comic shop today and picked up the Angel "Smile Time" plush toy. I'll post pictures of it later tonight.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
James, Pix of Puppet Angel would be cool. Mine is being delivered tom'w. How does he look? There were some posted grumblings on fansites that the early version didn't look that much like the TV puppet, but Diamond Toys said it was being further tweaked. Is it cool?

Thanx!!! d

James T

Screenwriter
It's 4:30am, I have to go to work in a few hours, and I couldn't get my computer to find my new digital camera!
But luckily, I took a picture on my old 2MP camera. Voila.

It's not 100% screen accurate, and it's only 2 feet tall(half size), but it's still a neat toy to have. And no, it doesn't come with removeable parts and no, it doesn't come with a broadsword :).
It's number 2052/5000. Since it just started arriving in stores this week, and I already know of someone in the states getting a 3000 number, it looks like it's gonna sell out pretty fast.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's a nice puppet - I don't mind that it's not totally accurate, the only thing that strikes me as odd from the picture is that they chose those brown (almost red) eyebrows. Wouldn't darker eyebrows have looked better?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Better than I thought. Actually looks a bit more like Boreanaz than like the muppet Angel. Also, I would think that if one was VERY careful, the eyebrows can be darkened.

:) d Thanks, James

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The puppet is better than I expected from the promo photos I saw and there is a glimmer of Boreanaz, but I thought the one from the show was better and "cuter." Could it have been so difficult to make one that resembled it more?

Thanks for the pic.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Got mine. DOES look better in person (puppet?) than the pix. would suggest. Mine looks a BIT different. and the box says that they are "hand-made..." Anyways, in regular room light, the brown eyebrows look ok. The hair on mine doesn't seem tall enough though. VERY nice detail on the clothes though. All in all, not bad. And you can bend the brows a bit to change the expression. If you don't have a photo from the show or the box right next to it, the illusion works better. :) d

Mine was #179

James T

Screenwriter

The other person I was talking about looks differnt from mine as well. His Angel head had a bit of a pear bottom to it, while mine looks like it's a bit pointed. I kinda figured it had to be handmade with these little differences.

And I do agree that it looks more like Boreanz than the puppet they used on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks