Alias - Complete 1st Season
Angel - The Complete 2nd Season
Dick Van Dyke Show, The - Season 1
Kim Possible - Vol 1: The Secret Files
Outer Limits, The - Season 2
Power Rangers Ninja Storm - Lightning Strikes
Power Rangers Ninja Storm - Looming Thunder
Stargate SG-1 - Season 4 Box Set
However, the 24 date is based on the now-removed Amazon listing. I won't take any bets one whether or not it can change...it most certainly can. Well, any of them can, of course, but that one is most likely to.

I know that the 3 Disney titles will be blow-offs to most HTF members, but they are all must-haves for my son; he LOVES the ABCKids lineup and will want Kim very much, and Power Rangers is a must-have of course.

But the stuff you guys mention, plus SG-1 and Outer Limits is really gonna break the bank that day! It reminds me of Nov. 5 2002, when we go on the same day this long list: B5 S1, Band of Brothers, Felicity S1, Once & Again S1, Sports Night, TNG S5, and X-Files S6...plus 1-disc releases of Alf (Canada), Beast Wars (Canada), Blue's Clues, Dead Zone, and Spongebob Squarepants! They just LOVE maxing out our platinum cards, don't they? :)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
This is not a cheap hobby!

I'm glad to hear there will be a tribute to Glenn Quinn...(regardless of the circumstances surrounding his departure)this was sorely missing from the Season One set.

Howie

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
24 2, Alias 1, Angel 2, DVD 1, OL 2, SG-1 4... that's gonna be one BIG box coming to my house from Amazon.ca that week!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They can try, but I've become very good at resisting their charms and refuse to charge up my cards anymore. :)

I'd like to own several of those sets, but will probably limit myself to "Angel" S2 and one other set. So the studios aren't doing themselves any favors by heaping all their releases together. There's only so much $$$ to go around.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Jeez... I thought June was going to be a rough month (DS9s3, Buffys4, SG-1s3...

...but now I want 24-s2, Alias-s2, Angel-s2, DVD-s1, OL-s2, and SG-1-s4... and all on the same DAY!

Start saving yer pennies! I'm not even going to do the math...

-Scott

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
At least you all have advance notice of what will be coming out in on 9/2. So, you've got three months to save up for the big week .... ;)

Deborah

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dan is correct on why the Glenn Quinn tribute was not on Season 1. The discs had already been finaled.

Steve, you are correct

To the disc onslaught, we give an official "Grr...Arrggh!"

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So it's Season 3 that Angel started being composited (truly) for widescreen?

If S2 was 4:3 originally (intended) then by all means bring it on, especially if widescreening was done by simply putting masking bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I need my complete Cordelia, and want no part of her chopped off by faux-widescreen shenanigans. :D

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
If S2 was 4:3 originally (intended) then by all means bring it on, especially if widescreening was done by simply putting masking bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
The 16:9 transfers for R2 were done by unmatting the left and right sides of the frame. You're getting more picture, not less.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Having watched a good deal of season 2 in widescreen, the framing is just a bit too loose for my tastes. Everyone awkwardly crowds to the center of the frame to talk and suchlike. It definitely looks to me like they were protecting for 16:9, but composing for 4:3.

Joel C

Screenwriter
It looks just like the cover for S1, but blue.

Jeff, I'm ashamed of you! You didn't mention "noggins" once in your last post. ;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
For Season 2, they were still protecting for 4:3, much like Buffy from Season 4 onward.
Technically, they were protecting for 16:9, but otherwise, you are right-on. The less restrictive aspect ratio is always the one for which you are "protecting". For thetarical films shot open matte, they protect for 4:3. For television programs composed 4:3 inside a 16:9 frame, they are protecting for 16:9.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks