What's new

Angel packaging? (1 Viewer)

MannyLo

Auditioning
Real Name
Manny Lopez
Hey

First time post, so not sure if this has been asked before.

Now with Buffy being repackaged into the slim sets, any chance this may happen with the Angel DVD sets? This new repackaging just seems to take care of shelf space, and the discs don’t slide off like with the original packaging.

Or will Fox go the same way they did with Buffy and release a big box set first? I know they did that for the UK, it was nice looking Angel DVD set with all 5 seasons together.

Also how many of you like the new Buffy packaging? I do, makes taking the DVD's out a lot easier. Really seems that this is the way the DVD's should have been put out before.

Thanks.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really loved the Buffy Chosen packaging. I am waiting for an Angel set to come out in the US in this type of packaging.

I have not seen the new, re-released season sets for buffy. Guess that is because I already have the Chosen one.

I have not heard anything about Angel being re-produced in any new form but A lot of people are assuming that it will be done similar to the way Buffy was.

We can only hope.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
IF ANGEL were released that way, and didn't have that crappy Canadian bilingual packaging (apparently it's only on a removable outer slip cover), I would consider getting them, as I HATE digipaks. The sets do have nice designs on the digipak panels - especially season 2, but digipaks are the worst.

MannyLo

Auditioning
Real Name
Manny Lopez
Yeah, I agree, I too love the Buffy Chosen packaging. I have it myself, I just disliked having to open it and work my way to get a disc, only because it would ruin the packaging. I guess it’s just the collector in me.

To solve that I went and bought little cd cases and put all the Buffy DVD’s in there. But when I heard that these were coming out, I went out and got season 5 and then just went and snatched them up at Barnes and Noble. They have a buy 2 get 1 for free sale.

I do hope Fox puts out the Angel DVD set’s out in this new repackaging . They look nice and the DVD’s come in their own slim cases. They don’t take much shelf space which for me was the hook that got me.

One thing too, is that if Fox repackages any further DVD sets that they don’t do it like they did for the Buffy and Angel sets in the UK. The packaging there for the new sets there looks like the DVD case of ‘Jay and Silent Bob’, all wide.

But yeah, we can only hope. I guess for those who dipped again like me, we can take the Chosen set and get it signed at a convention. Ah, Miss Carpenter.

Bill_Nolan

Agent
I've been waiting to finish my Buffy and Angel collections cheaply, so I was thrilled to see Season 6 of Buffy at my local club store for $19.99. Now I only need Angel 4 & 5 to finish them off. I've waited this long, I don't mind waiting longer.

- Bill

MannyLo

Auditioning
Real Name
Manny Lopez
Yeah, these repackaged sets are pretty cheap. Running at 30 compared to the 40 or 50 bucks with the other sets.

Though I imagine these repackaged sets will go on sale during thanksgiving, I remember about two years ago, Target had those old sets on sale for 17.99, safe to say I did my Xmas shopping then.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Though at what store are they going for 20 a pop?

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Well I checked out the Buffy reissue sets today & sure enough they are bilingual packaging. Would it be that hard to include a removeable slip cover? I hope Fox doesen't start with this because then I'll have to buy all Fox stuff from the US. (Yes I know, I am very anal)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bilingual packaging...

For a box of cereal, seeing english and french is accepted and understandable, but when I walk into a store to get a DVD - especially a TV DVD, it's just plain wrong.

MannyLo

Auditioning
Real Name
Manny Lopez

Ah, BJ's is sort of like Costco. I should go to Costco, see if they have these new Buffy sets, perhaps I can do some birthday shopping.

Well, if you go to BN.com they have the US sets and they have a sale there. If you buy 2 DVD sets then you get a third one for free. And if you buy the Buffy sets, then you'd get the American version of it without the bilingual packaging unless there's BN's in Canada. That and if you spend more than $25, you get my favorite of all, free shipping!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks