Andromeda. Any word on a Season 2 box set release?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tony_I, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Tony_I

Tony_I Stunt Coordinator

Oct 6, 2001
    I received the Andromeda Season 1 box set over the holidays. I was wondering, is it known if we're in for a season 2 box set? I see nothing on TVshowsonDVD.

One of my local Best Buys are selling "2.1, 2.2, etc" for $25-30 each... (I see the season 1 set for $45, for 5 2-disc packs)

I like buying seasonal sets, so I'm willing to wait in Andromeda's case, expecially at those prices for the individual 2-disc packs.
  2. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

Mar 3, 2003
    I am totally with you on that, Tony. I had bought the first two seasons of the 1.1, 1.2 variety, and when I heard a season set was coming out, i sold all my Andromeda DVDs in order to buy the new set. Imagine my horror when it ended up being the exact same releases, but just housed in a nice box. I was however, fascinated by the price. $45 from Best Buy. I haven't heard anything about Season Two yet, and it really ticks me off that they continue to release the episodes 3.1, 3.2, etc., at $30 each, when the Season Set is so inexpensive. However, FYE, notoriously the highest place in town, was selling the box set for well over $100 and the 1.1, 1.2 releases for $39.99 each.
  3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

May 9, 2001
    Amazon has the season 1 box listed for $134. That's insane! I've seen it at Best Buy and Fry's in the $40 range. Maybe AD didn't give a SRP, so Amazon just priced it to match the single releases. Either way, I plan to get the set at one of the B&Ms soon. I never watched the show, but Sci-Fi played the pilot the other day, and I'm hooked.