What's new

And now, for my 5,000th number: I love you all--all of ya! (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I don't have the kind of intimate relationship you have with many other forum members here but all the same, congrats. You have to let us all know if its downhill after 5000 though...:)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
I love you all--all of ya!
I'm sorry Jack...I just think you're nice.
;)
5000 posts? Get an f'ing life man! :) Other than that, congratulations on being one of the best examples of why the HTF is the greatest place on the 'Net...congrats!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well hellfire, for an occassion like this I had to bring out the big guns. I had to do some digging on my old PC and upload to the new server, but I think you will find it was worth it.
I think this will totally express my appreciation of you at the HTF. (btw, how is Jason still below 5K, seems impossible to me, try cutting your posts to one movie per...that should do it). :)
[drumroll................]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Wow, Jack is at how many?!? Thats a lot of posts. And its not like they are all quick nonsense ones (like so many of mine have been, for instance). If I could come close to your degree of insight by the time I reach my 5000th I'll be surprised...

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
5000 plus Posts and not one of them interesting. :D
That's all right Jack, some of us have it and some of us don't.
Congrats!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I too, will express my appreciation for Jack's presence, and his intelligence, enthusiasm, and love of GOOD film (especially GOOD SF film).

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Congrats, Jack. Wow 5,000 posts in almost the same time span as me. I've got to get my act together. I'm way behind.

Wow. Fairly boggles the mind. Jack, I don't know you from Adam, but i gotta doff my cap. Truly impressive, and shows a devotion to the site that is immeasurable (ok,ok, i mean beyond just counting posts).

Out of curiosity, looking back, do you think you tend to post about the same amount each day, or do your fingers mostly fly like mad over the weekends?

Can any of you oldtimers think of who might have the record for fastest to 1000? 2000?... (like, from date of date of membership)

Ron an' co. don't count, natch

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"Can any of you oldtimers think of who might have the record for fastest to 1000? 2000?..."
No one holds a candle to Patrick Sun on that score, Chris. Here's what we know: He is fast closing in on 9,000 posts, has several thousand posts at Mike Knapps's site, several thousand posts at DVD Talk, must care for and feed and spend quality time with his adorable cats, must screen a certain minimum of DVDs and LDs per week, and must go to work as well as sleep.
Now, there are so many hours in a week. Where, then, does he find the time to eat? Go figure that out!
As for all the rest of these wonderful posts: Can you say "warm and fuzzy"? To paraphrase Dorothy from that Oz movie: "There's no place like Home Theater Forum." :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Woo hoo!!!
Way ta go.
And to update everybody on this forum, Jack Briggs has a book coming out.
Jack Briggs and Educating the Masses about 2001, A Space Odyssey: The Road to Victory
:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Paxton: Don't even go down that road! I'd lose interest in the job if I couldn't surf the HTF from work! :)
Jack, I'm almost a DVDTalk Legend (10K), a few more months, and I'll get there.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Good grief almighty, Patrick: Do you absorb nutrients via IV? Are you some sort of master of time-management skills who would be the envy of all persons in the workplace? You should write a book, bro'. Amazing. (We're talking about substantive posts, too. That's what gets me.)

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations Jack! I figured that the best way to celebrate my measly 100th post was to honor someone who has contributed a lot more than myself.

Way to go!

----

Joel

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Jack, when are the monkeys going to show up? The movie seems to be stuck in an endless loop time warp.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks