What's new

And Metallicas new bassists is........ (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
That's got to be a joke, I personally have never heard Master Of Puppets called anything but a classic...well...not by a Metallica fan at least.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I have 3 of their earlier albums ("Dimension Hatross", "Nothingface" and "Angel rat"), I might have to check them out again. Those three albums all sound a bit different from eachother, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sound completely different today than what they did back then.

WHy would Jason newstead play with Ozzy and Voivod at the same time? He doesn't seem to be a good match for Ozzy's music anyway.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I think Voivod WAS F*cking brilliant!!!I still say Nothingface is one of the 10 greatest Metal albums of all time.

I heard Rebel Robot and like it. I was really hoping Voivod would go balls to the wall Dimension Hatross or Nothingface, but it sounds more like Angel Rat or Outer Limits.

Album comes out tomorrow - march 4

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I liked Metallica until I met them. I am going to end it there because it is not my place to discuss what happened other than to say they were pretty rude.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Joshua, I met James and Jason on the reload tour in '98 and thought they were very cool. There was a guy who had a lot of praise (I imagine by the length of his dissertation) that he gave James and James listened intently and seemed very appreciative and genuinely touched by what this person had to say. I just wanted the photo op and a signature on my leather jacket (which I got) and a hand shake and a quick compliment to them for the hard and angry music for when I was a hard and angry youth and the continued fantastic music. A fantastic experience that I will never forget.
Jason was just as cool.
Marc

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
no joke. Battery and MOP are great tunes. the rest is filler.

i bought Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning when they came out. great stuff. then their sound changed a bit. i listened to a friends copy of MOP and didn't buy it. haven't bought a Metallica album since...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Oh come on, you can't say that and then not elaborate. If you've said A, you have to say B as the Swedish saying goes. :) It's not like their career will depend on what happened at that meeting, so spill the beans man.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.