What's new

A Few Words About While we wait for a few words about… Killers Of The Flower Moon - in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
All the people complaining about trailers and commercials, show up later if you hate sitting through them so much.

If the movie is popular, you risk not being able to find a decent seat by doing so.

Reactions: PMF

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Had our first viewing of Killer Moon this evening. Long? Yes; Depressing? Yes; Important ? Yes; Great filmmaking ? Definitely!!!! This is a film that I found engrossing with such an important story to tell.
I appreciated how nuanced all the performances were and every aspect of this film was of the highest quality.
I look forward to my next viewing.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I’ve ordered the Italian UHD of this, as I have little confidence Apple will allow KotFM. to be released on physical media stateside any time in the near future. I understand the Italian disc is region locked, but I can bypass that restriction. It is also confirmed to have English subtitles for the Osage language sequences. I’ll report further once I receive the disc.

madfloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I’ve ordered the Italian UHD of this, as I have little confidence Apple will allow KotFM. to be released on physical media stateside any time in the near future. I understand the Italian disc is region locked, but I can bypass that restriction. It is also confirmed to have English subtitles for the Osage language sequences. I’ll report further once I receive the disc.
I have this. The only disappointing part was that the 'silent film' type text panel graphics are not in English (but do have subtitles).

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I could be mistaken, but I believe the only Apple Original Film so far to have received a physical media release in the US, is the wonderful Wolfwalkers - released as part of Cartoon Saloon's Irish Folklore Trilogy. That trilogy, in which Wolfwalkers was the only Apple Original Film production in the set, was released i 2021 conjointly by Shout Factory in the US and StudioCanal in the UK. Wolfwalkers has not yet been released as a stand-alone title. It remains thus to be seen whether Apple will licence the occasional title for physical media in the US, as Netflix has done with Criterion.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I could be mistaken, but I believe the only Apple Original Film so far to have received a physical media release in the US, is the wonderful Wolfwalkers - released as part of Cartoon Saloon's Irish Folklore Trilogy. That trilogy, in which Wolfwalkers was the only Apple Original Film production in the set, was released i 2021 conjointly by Shout Factory in the US and StudioCanal in the UK. Wolfwalkers has not yet been released as a stand-alone title. It remains thus to be seen whether Apple will licence the occasional title for physical media in the US, as Netflix has done with Criterion.
Apple needs to release this film on a disc. Killers of the Flower Moon is historically far too important for Apple to hoard. May Criterion announce a 4K/UHD soon.

Last edited:

Into The Archives

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jayson
On The Rocks was an Apple Original Films/ A24 production that has been released domestically on blu-ray by A24, and The Velvet Underground, produced by PolyGram and distributed by Apple Original Films is on blu-ray via Criterion.

The Italian 4K UHD for CODA is another, however, this film was produced by Pathe, as some markets had been sold before Apple bought the film at Sundance, so this is the only reason it’s on disc (without any Apple credits). The Italian rights for KOTFM were sold before Apple funded the film to Leone Film (01 Distribution), which had home entertainment rights, and this is why there is a BD and 4K UHD release via Eagle Pictures.

There are domestic awards screeners in blu-ray of Greyhound, Emancipation, and Spirited and various other DVD’s of features like Cherry, Boys State, Tragedy of Macbeth, Luck, etc.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Started watching this on Apple TV+ this week. Taking more of a miniseries approach to it, but so far, the performances are uniformly excellent and it's beautifully shot.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I received the (region-locked) Italian UHD from Amazon Italy today. I have not had a chance to watch it yet, but the specs are healthy. It's pressed on a 100GB disc with an average video bitrate of 53.0 Mb/s, ~2x the AppleTV+ stream.

Video​

ID :1
ID in the original source medium :4113 (0x1011)
Format :HEVC
Format/Info :High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile :Main [email protected]@High
HDR format :Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID :V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration :3 h 25 min
Bit rate :53.0 Mb/s
Width :3 840 pixels
Height :2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio :16:9
Frame rate mode :Constant
Frame rate :24.000 FPS
Color space :YUV
Chroma subsampling :4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth :10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :0.266
Stream size :76.2 GiB (91%)
Language :English
Default :No
Forced :No
Color range :Limited
Color primaries :BT.2020
Transfer characteristics :PQ
Matrix coefficients :BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries :Display P3
Mastering display luminance :min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level :1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level :163 cd/m2

Audio #1​

ID :2
ID in the original source medium :4353 (0x1101)
Format :DTS XLL
Format/Info :Digital Theater Systems
Commercial name :DTS-HD Master Audio
Codec ID :A_DTS
Duration :3 h 25 min
Bit rate mode :Variable
Bit rate :3 591 kb/s
Channel(s) :6 channels
Channel layout :C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate :48.0 kHz
Frame rate :93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth :24 bits
Compression mode :Lossless
Stream size :5.16 GiB (6%)
Title :Surround 5.1
Language :English
Default :Yes
Forced :No

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks