What's new

Anamorphic, uncut edition of Natural Born Killers or Robocop in the future? (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
I will only purchase anamorphic titles, yet the current anamorphic versions of Natural Born Killers and Robocop come without the deleted scenes. Does anybody know of a planned re-issue of either title in the uncut version?

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Robocop should be coming out again as the director's cut. Us lucky R2 people will be recieving a nice seamless branched version with both cuts on it and some other extras.
see http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php...thread&order=0
for details. (Hopefully, like the Rocky set, we'll be able to get the first movie separately.) Either way, keeping my Criterion. Just gotta love that commentary. ;)
And making a relatively safe assumption, like Terminator you should get this Special Edition later on in 2002 all being well.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Just gotta love that commentary
Scott,

I too own the Criterion Robocop and have not had the chance to listen to the commentary. I assume by your "wink man" that you are being sarcastic. Could you tell me why is was bad? Again, I have not listened to it yet and would really not want to waste my time if its bad.

Other bad commentaries include: In The Mouth Of Madness and Braveheart.

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Which is the better version of Robocop? at the video store there is the Criterion and the MGM versions.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Criterion in my opinion. Ulta violent - which I highly enjoy.

The only think I don't like about the Criterion version is the Dolby surround. No DD 5.1.

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding Natural Born Killers, if you can do PAL then the Australian R4 release has a nice anamorphic transfer and the same extras as Trimark's R1 disc.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Brad, I apologise.. I misled you with a slip of the shift key.(lame excuse. :b)

Criterion's Robocop commentary is truly excellent.. an interesting, funny and entertaining extra. Go and listen to it asap. Verhoeven is usually highly enthusiastic, a little boisterous perhaps. His Starship Troopers commentary is another unmissable listen, IMHO. My point is, I don't think the commentary on the MGM version will be the same one on the Criterion, so I'm keeping my old copy.

I don't do sarcasm.. often. (and when I do, it's usually unmistakably signposted.)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Scott,

Your lame excuse has been duely noted and thank you because I have another reason to watch Robocop now!

Also, Starship Troopers!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Warner probably will not release an anamorphic DC of NBK, due to their policy of not releasing unrated material.

RobR

Second Unit
I didn't think about that. Is it also the reason why Warner won't release the unrated version of Eyes Wide Shut? If so, that policy seems to be limited to the North America market.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Warner probably will not release an anamorphic DC of NBK, due to their policy of not releasing unrated material.
that, plus the fact that Warner doesn't even have the rights to the director's cut. they gave Stone the video rights to do with as he saw fit; he licensed it to (what is now) Trimark/Lion's Gate. and given their track record, i wouldn't expect an anamorphic re-release anytime soon, if ever.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks