What's new

An old home theater (1 Viewer)

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I haven't seen two home theaters that are identical. We all have different ideas, and I came on a home theater that was different from what I've seen in the past. It was in this house.

27466-88129f98e1f9b3a157a3c39c05f42fc4.jpg

It's an older home-used by the Colonial Governor of the Virginia Colony, and later by the first two governors of Virginia, Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson. From the description, it was present during the Colonial Governors stay.

27469-5e19e9444357066f1612f780644680ec.jpg

It had, what was at the time state of the art seating. They have been replaced and probably painted since, and I believe the floor covering has been updated. It may have also been expanded in capacity. Light control was non existent, and while there is no projector or screen, it did have an elevated stage.

27473-b4c4ed685a6b1e97e37663ff241bd8f1.jpg

Concessions with drinks are shown in the foreground.

I enjoyed looking at someone's concept from another time. It's at Colonial Williamsburg.

Attachments

• Home Theater 1 TJ.png
    Home Theater 1 TJ.png
    274.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Home theater 2 TJ.png
    Home theater 2 TJ.png
    431.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Home theater 3.png
    Home theater 3.png
    658.4 KB · Views: 75

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I haven't seen two home theaters that are identical. We all have different ideas, and I came on a home theater that was different from what I've seen in the past. It was in this house.

27466-88129f98e1f9b3a157a3c39c05f42fc4.jpg

It's an older home-used by the Colonial Governor of the Virginia Colony, and later by the first two governors of Virginia, Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson. From the description, it was present during the Colonial Governors stay.

27469-5e19e9444357066f1612f780644680ec.jpg

It had, what was at the time state of the art seating. They have been replaced and probably painted since, and I believe the floor covering has been updated. It may have also been expanded in capacity. Light control was non existent, and while there is no projector or screen, it did have an elevated stage.

27473-b4c4ed685a6b1e97e37663ff241bd8f1.jpg

Concessions with drinks are shown in the foreground.

I enjoyed looking at someone's concept from another time. It's at Colonial Williamsburg.

The perfect place to watch 1776!

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The perfect place to watch 1776!

Perhaps, depending on your perspective. The initial occupant left in haste around that time. Just prior to his departure, he ordered the gunpowder stores seized to remove them from control of the local citizens, who were becoming, shall we say, at bit rebellious. They marched on his home, relatively peacefully, and expressed their displeasure. He and his family went out the back way, and one of the last views they may have had was that theater. So, as a Tory, not so much. As a rebel, definitely.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Perhaps, depending on your perspective. The initial occupant left in haste around that time. Just prior to his departure, he ordered the gunpowder stores seized to remove them from control of the local citizens, who were becoming, shall we say, at bit rebellious. They marched on his home, relatively peacefully, and expressed their displeasure. He and his family went out the back way, and one of the last views they may have had was that theater. So, as a Tory, not so much. As a rebel, definitely.

What this has to do with the Spellings, I don't know ;)!

But if UR questioning my loyalties I am an 110% American !

Sign me
479968838-pictured-host-johnny-carson-as-floyd-r-turbo-gettyimages.jpg

Floyd R Turbo,
AMERICAN!

Last edited:

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I'm not. My sympathies are also with the rebels. One of my ancestors was among them, in the militia. And I realize you're probably referring to the production, not the year. Just my attempt at humor and word games-something that seems to run in the family.

I found the idea of this type of home theater interesting. One of the things about this forum that I like is seeing the variety in ideas and execution that we all have. And, with the addition of an outdoor screen, projector and sound system, it would be a great place to view 1776. Or, without them, to do the stage play. Or, with a time machine, to go back, have dinner in one of the taverns and eavesdrop on the conversation. Hmm...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm not. My sympathies are also with the rebels. One of my ancestors was among them, in the militia. And I realize you're probably referring to the production, not the year. Just my attempt at humor and word games-something that seems to run in the family.

I found the idea of this type of home theater interesting. One of the things about this forum that I like is seeing the variety in ideas and execution that we all have. And, with the addition of an outdoor screen, projector and sound system, it would be a great place to view 1776. Or, without them, to do the stage play. Or, with a time machine, to go back, have dinner in one of the taverns and eavesdrop on the conversation. Hmm...

Hopefully you were aware that was an attempt at humor. As I suspect your post may well have been.

In doing my genealogy, I learned my father's ancestors settled in Virginia and either my 7X great-grandfather and/or my 7X great uncle may well have supped or attended entertainments at the Governor's house. They were involved in the Revolutionary War on the winning side.

My 3 greats-grandfather fought in the War Between the States on um the losing side ... so I can see it either way...:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks