What's new

Amp advice for 7.1 setup (1 Viewer)

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently running my 5 x 100W Adcom amp from my Denon 2700 receivers pre-outs.It sounds great,but I'm selling the Denon to a buddy and buying the Rotel RSP-1066 pre-pro to catch up to the new formats and improve the sound.I'm already set up with 7.1 speakers in my dedicated room and I've found a great deal on a used 2 channel B@K amp.If I prefer to use the B@K for my mains,will it create a problem with the Adcom running the center channel? Is it critical to have a match for the 3 front channels? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Wayne,

Nice to see someone else from the Greater Vancouver area. As for the amp question, if the speakers match, and you calibrate the speakers I don't think it will be much of a problem.. I have a Cinepro amp running my mains and sides and an Acurus amp running my centre and 2 rears in a 7.1 setup and i can't hear the difference.. Hope that helps!

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks