What's new

American Idol - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be funny if those who think they are getting the boot did what Leslie did and make up their own lyrics to the music the band is playing. Of course, that probably lands AI in hot water, and might cause quicker cutaways by the director.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't be the same without his recaps.

On to Melinda Doolittle... she has a way of dipping into her low registers in a way that most people can't. When she goes there, she still has a tone and fullness to her voice that darn near makes me get goosebumps. My Funny Valentine simply rocked. I don't know if I could say that LaKisha has the naturally better voice, but time will tell. I expect big things from Melinda.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Was this the first time someone broke down & couldn't get through their farewell song?

I've been wondering when that would happen, picturing someone saying "$&#* this!" and stomping off the stage, refusing to sing.

Anyone else think the choice of a Dixie Chunks song might have been a fatal mistake? They aren't exactly popular.

Sorry to see Nick go- he was one of the better ones. But I gave up a long time ago trying to make sense of the voting.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Dixie Chicks aren't exactly popular? Have you been watching the music business? If singing a Dixie Chicks song were enough in and of itself to get one eliminated, Paris Bennett would have been eliminated quickly last year as she did "Cowboy Take Me Away" in her audition. Sure there are many who hold their comments against them, but they lost old fans and gained new ones. They're doing quite well.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

I think the song choice was a mistake, but not because of the original artists.

Although no fan of country music, the Dixie Chicks are over the flap from the start of the war and their latest album has won numerous awards and sales. Virtually all of the country radio stations which banned playing them have relented and many think the furor actually created a better and more mainstream group. I also do not think the voting audience on AI are that deep into the politics which originally surrounded them

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Simply put, the out-of-breath singer just couldn't muster enough enthusiasm to grow her fanbase, and calls for her just weren't as high as 8 other female contestants in the competition. It wasn't about picking a Dixie Chick song, it was about the performance of it and not lighting a fire under potential voters' butts to call and vote for her.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
oh yeah, as for Pickler, I am liking the new accessories, no problems there, but the hair and makeup did make her look like she was about 42 or so...

mylan

Screenwriter
I didn't see the show due to a family emergency and never thought to tivo, can someone provide a screen grab of Kellie's new "bolt ons"?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Oh come on, Pickler looked horrible. Her hair and bolt-ons were in such contrast with each other, Barbara Mandrell does Dallas. Looks like she's been pounding buckets of KFC as well. What is it with these girls that the first thing they get with a little money is saline bags implanted. Who thinks halves of cantaloupes sitting on a girls chest looks good?

mylan

Screenwriter
Thanks Patrick, yikes!! She does look 40, the "bolt ons" looked ok but that hair and the wide load KFC look does not. I miss the prom pics we were discussing last year and the whole "is that a shadow" debate that followed. Kelly Clarkson went the other way, she had a wide behind during the show but has slimmed down somewhat.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Kellie looked like a forty-something alcoholic ex-wife who got a boob job with her divorce settlement.

What is she, 21? 22? Egads.

I think, however, the biggest post-Idol appearance slide honor goes to Nikki McKibbin. She looks like Anna Nicole Jr. That's the pre-Trim Spa Anna.

VFTW is a sham. The fact that they want to thumb their noses and the show are all right by me, but the people they pick clearly have a shot at going far. If they really wanted to make a point, they should have championed Alaina, who not only was one of the worst singers but had no fanbase to speak of. Picking Sundance doesn't prove anything either -- he's the top male vote getter (and no, it's not because of VFTW). Last year they picked Taylor at around the top 5 after all their other choices voted off and then crowed that they were somehow responsible for him winning. Obviously, if they really had an impact, Kevin Covais would have made the top ten, which he didn't. If there is an Idol fansite with a real impact, it's DialIdol. VFTW is dishonest and pathetic.

BTW, DialIdol has not been wrong about the vote off. The vote rankings are DI member specific, and they use statistical analysis to predict who is within the range of being voted off. For instance, they have not been wrong about Sanjaya and Antonella being safe the last two weeks. The bad thing is that eight of the ten guys were all within statistical probability to be voted off (only Sundance and Sanjaya were safe), and so in many ways, the results are useless in predicting who is going off. later in the competition, as the leaders start to separate from the also-rans, it's a much more useful predictor.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Am I the only one who found the irony that Pickler co-wrote a song called.... "I Wonder ?" (actually, I dont know if there is a question mark at the end of the song....but there should be)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She co-wrote that? I thought it was an excellent song. She looked terrible, though. Sad, because I thought she was cute the few episodes I saw last season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's funny how time changes the perception of certain songs. Randy called Gina's song choice "edgy" and "rocking," but when Heart originally released it, it was a far cry from the days of Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen. Many considered it another sign of their decline into a slick, commercial pop unit. I was never really cynical enough to buy into that, and I like "Alone" and most of their hit songs of the period (album tracks, not so much), but it seemed at the time more MOR than AOR. With the dearth of rock music in the music world today, it does sound a lot more searing than it once did, and I like that Gina is in the rock world.

I have to give Antonella a lot of credit for standing strong up there after a savage week in the media, which was mostly a case of mistaken identity, it appears. That's a tough thing to have to live with, since a lot of people will never believe it was anyone other than her in the pictures. That kind of put me in her corner, and she definitely did well enough to still be around.

I got goosebumps from Melinda's performance. Nothing more to say that hasn't been said.

If you're reading this thinking, "Did I just get teleported back to two days ago?", I'm a non-voting viewer and I didn't catch either the Wednesday or Thursday shows until last night.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

She also sang a lot better than she did the first week (even if it wasn't anywhere near the best singers in the group). I think this thread has developed a bit of an anti-Antonella bandwagon.

Ron, I'm with you on Sabrina. She isn't the singer that Melinda or Lakisha is, but she's got the whole package.

Honestly, I think Pickler just bought a fancy invisible push-up bra and spent the rest on singing lessons. Do y'all remember how bad she was last year?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Frankly, Antonella's performance was the worst I've ever seen at this stage of Idol. It was even worse than last week's, and at this point it appears that she can't carry a tune. The fact that she's so head and shoulders worse than any of the other contestants and even worse than many of the singers who didn't make it past Hollywood means that the producers have placed her on the show for one reason and it isn't singing talent. Plus, I don't even find her attractive and she has no personality, so I just don't get why she even has votes going her way. And it's NOT because of VFTW.

And that was NO push-up bra. Those were fake boobs with a capital F.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
pickler looked terrible.

fake ort not the boobs looked bad, plus her outfit andf hair was ridiculous.
she has gained poundage.
too bad she was very pretty.
she looked great during her Leno apppearances.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks