American Idol: Clay’s CD single out selling Ruben’s

Discussion in 'Music' started by James_S, Jun 4, 2003.

1. James_S

James_S Second Unit

According to Amazon.com Clay’s cd single “This is the night w/Bridge over troubled water” is sales ranked at #1 and Ruben’s Flying without wings w/Superstar is ranked #4.

I also heard on the radio today that Clay’s single pre-selling Ruben’s at a 3 to 1 clip.

Maybe the wrong “Idol” won. (My opinion Clay should have one)

2. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

I think people like Clay, Ruben, Kelly, etc. that participate in shows like American Idol or Fame have the ability to win talent contests but not really succeed in the music industry in terms of making a name for themselves over the long run and actually having a catalog of albums. The term 'flash in the pan' comes to mind.

3. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I think most people saw this coming. Clay has a refreshing voice that sounds good on this particular song. Funny thing, Clay kinda reminds me of Barry Manilow ,and Ruben kinda reminds me of Barry White.... Anyway, Kelly is appealing enough to find work in music, tv, or movies. She may not be the next big thing but, given the chance to work with the right people, she'll do just fine.

4. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    My guess is that Clay is the bigger heartthrob. Really, do you expect most teenage girls to gush over Ruben at the lunch table?