What's new

Amazon $35 free shipping minimum (2 Viewers)

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Has anyone noticed that Amazon has raised their Free Shipping minimum amount from $25 to $35? I think it went into effect a couple of days ago.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hadn't noticed but I never pay Amazon shipping. I just compile items in my cart until I have enough. I'm not in that much of a hurry for the things I buy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought it’s been at $35 for years.

Quick look at Google suggests that it was $35 at least as far back as 2016, and then sometime in 2016 went up to $49, and then came back down to $35 in 2017.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I haven't paid Amazon shipping in years! Like mentioned above, I wait till I have enough in my cart to qualify for free shipping.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
I wasn't necessarily complaining about the increase in the Free Shipping amount at Amazon when I posted the initial message. I was just wondering if anybody had noticed it?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't necessarily complaining about the increase in the Free Shipping amount at Amazon when I posted the initial message. I was just wondering if anybody had noticed it?

As others mentioned, we noticed it years ago.

AFAIK, they dropped $25 minimum a looong time back.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's actually been fluctuating. Pretty sure it was still (back down to) $25 as recently as a few days ago.

I'd bet they'll drop it back down again by sometime around Nov for the holiday shopping season -- they might also offer free trial for Prime shortly after that too as they've done the last several years or so IIRC.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
They also let you add stuff to your free shipping order w/in 24 hours (although don't know if they'll let you turn a paid shipping order into free shipping that way), which they didn't used to do -- I forget when that began, but probably sometime early this year.

_Man_

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Maybe this is a regional or individual thing controlled by algorithms. Mine still appears to be $25.00.

1691540586486.png

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Prime is the way to go.
For many, perhaps, but I have 3 Amazon facilities within 8 miles. At least one is a distribution warehouse and I typically receive items earlier than originally forecasted without Prime. I realize there are other benefits to Prime but none have resonated with me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Interesting but why is this in the Blu ray/UHD forum tho?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
For many, perhaps, but I have 3 Amazon facilities within 8 miles. At least one is a distribution warehouse and I typically receive items earlier than originally forecasted without Prime. I realize there are other benefits to Prime but none have resonated with me.

You mean you pay the full price for shipping because you might get it quicker?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You mean you pay the full price for shipping because you might get it quicker?

Pretty sure he meant their free shipping (usually) works just fine for him. Same for me. In fact, when I do bother subscribing (usually via free or heavily discounted trial), I usually just opt for their "no rush" shipping anyway if they offer their usual promo (digitals) credit for that -- and it usually matters most for holiday shopping when they have (very) shortlived big bargains and such, and I often can't just wait to have enough for a $25 (or $35) order in such cases. I rarely ever find the need for faster shipping (probably same as John Dirk and some others here)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks