What's new

Amazing Race: Family Edition (merged) (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

Hope they buy a few tractor trailers. :)

Could they have screwed up the last challenge more? Bunch ups are one thing, but a "first come first serve" with zero chance of making up time after a bunch up is absurd.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that was silly, but it means you'll see everybody rushing even more in the middle of stages.

Brent

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, with their editing tricks they tried to build suspense, but once the teams got their Centrifuge pecking order, it was a forgone conclusion.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

For what? That effort means nothing because they'll bunch you up. Complete crapshoot for 1st and last place tonight. Pit stops need to be 30 minutes away at a minimum from the last task and last task can't be a "first come first serve." The only way those work right is if there are no bunchups the whole way.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought Phil would say "Free gas for a year"...but wow, the Bransens are lucky.

Anyway, two of the three teams I like are already gone...if the Schroeders get out soon I'll have to root for the Paolos I guess...but I'm really hating this season.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Many of the "free gas for life" contests and car company sales incentives usually really mean a $1,200 a year pre-paid gas card good for 50 years. Maybe with recent gas prices that has changed somewhat.

The fine print always gets you.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, the free gas thing, I could be filling up half my town with that card!

I had a feeling that it might be a non-elimination round because of the crappy stacking of the little spinny ride. But then I was thinking it was also very early on in the season too.

Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, I'm not into this season of TAR. Maybe I haven't clicked with any of the families or don't have a family to outright root for, though there are too many to root against, even with only 7 families left.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
How come there were no penalties for the teams that did not travel to the bus station by foot as stated in the clue?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Free gas forever .... holy crap!!

I hope they have that brand of gas station where they live.

I'm sure there's some sort of gallon or dollar limit per week or month- otherwise they could let all their friends fill up free, too.

> I'd almost rather have that than the prize for winning the race.

Since I passed 3rd grade math, I'd rather have $1 million now than free gas spread over my lifetime. Do you expect to buy more than $1 million worth of gas?

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Outrageous!! Basically it turned out to be a race from the bus to the sign with the number tags. How did the Aiello's get beat there by the Paolo's? I don't think the teams realized the gravity of the walk from the clue box to the centrifuge. One of the worst episode endings ever.

And how about the Gaghan's? Are they charmed or what? The Aiello's take 14 tries to get through the mud and the Gaghan's do it in one try. Does the extra two hundred pounds affect the ride that much? I don't think it affected the outcome for the Gaghan's, but it definitely affected the outcome for the Aiello's. They almost got through on their first try and if they had, they probably would have been on the first bus. I will miss them.

I did like the 8 hour mystery bus ride with no warning, but the buses should have only been an hour apart and there should have been at least two tasks at the other end to make it a real race. They could have made it so the teams on bus one could have still come in last with a major screwup or something.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

I would if I had free gas for life. :)

(Yes, I'm sure there is are limitations on the free gas. I was engaging in a figure of speech known as hyperbole. Look it up.)

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
It was funny to watch their faces when announcing that prize. When they mentioned "licensed drivers", they all got wide eyed, thinking it might be cars. Then he said free gas and paused... you could see a bit of disappointment creeping in. Then he added, "for LIFE" and they looked stunned.

Chris

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
There's a shot of the Gaghans walking in to read their email just as the Paolos are leaving. Some time was made up there; just not enough.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"For what?"

It means that a task near the middle can have a much bigger effect than thought of.

I do agree it was silly though, make it a 30 minute drive after the centrifuge.

Brent

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

I'd like that, but it doesn't work that way. Teams have finished over 10-12 hours early and have been bunched up before the next task. Didn't matter that all the other teams beat the "Weavers" at shrimp/mud pit because they got stuck waiting for the same bus. Same thing happened the last two weeks where the finish line was literally next to the last task. This week was worse because it had nothing to do with how quickly you accomplished the task at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks