What's new

Am I the youngest person in the world to have a CRT projector? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Nathan's "Who I don't like list, 2nd edition"
Dan Hines
Dan Hines
Dan Hines
Dan Hines
;)
J/K Dan,
Thanks for pointing that out..
About the man "We's" I want to encourage the thought that "we are a large corporation" :D
Thanks,
Nathan

NathanP

Supporting Actor
LOL Mike..

Ever heard the Sinbad joke that when your in high school your rich but in college your broke?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ever heard the Sinbad joke that when your in high school your rich but in college your broke?
I was broke until I got out of college and got a job. I never had an allowance and the cash from working during the summers was enough to last me through school, but thats it. :)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Nathan's "Who I don't like list, 2nd edition"

Dan Hines

Dan Hines

Dan Hines

Dan Hines

Boy I feel sorry for that Dan HineS character. It's a good thing I spell my name H-I-N-E.

Anyway...Have you thought of perhaps using an acronym like TWS? I work for a company formally called Audio Visual Professionals but we usually just call it AVP. That gives us at least three titles ("we" "AVP" or "Audio Visual Professionals") to choose from.

Believe me I know it can be a pain. Our website SUCKS which is why we are in the process of paying people to make a better one.

Dan Hine

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
See, my Dad is an Audio/Video enginner and he sets up projectors ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 all the time, so I called him upstairs and within a few minutes it was done..
WOW!

Is your pops looking for work? I can say that installing CRT projectors- just the raw install without converge usually takes me 3-4 hours! Then the converge and setup takes another 2-3. That's not including screen install or any serious wiring.

Seriously- if your dad managed to get a $125 ancient CRT projector up and happening "in a few minutes"- I could guarantee him top pay out here Ohio way. Heck, I could preobably refer him to some bigger install companies out your way! They would save a fortune on labor!

Hey, what brand/model did you end up finding for $125? I remember you looking months ago- curious to find out what you ended up with for that kinda dough (even if it is dead now).

-Vince

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Hey Vince,

It was a lae 80's projector-- Panasonic PT101Y..

She was sold to me in "Good working" condition.. she stayed that way only for awhile, then I was told it was overheated and alot of stuff in it had gradully fried over a period of time.

RobR

Second Unit
Nathan,

The worse thing about your website would be the spelling mistakes involving contractions.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I have a couple of questions for you, Nathan.

What exactly is the service you provide..do you list items for customers at various auction sites?

How do people find your website?

Why is the service you provide so much better than simply listing the items myself?

Michael*K

Screenwriter
And if you're pulling down $15K a year and living at home, can't you afford to get a real domain name instead of having your site hosted on Tripod? I know when I'm looking for a business, I don't go running to Angelfire or Geocities or Tripod or...

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I can generate as much as few hundred extra bucks per month..
May I ask where your $15,000/year figure comes from, then? By my math, you'd have to be pulling in an average of $1,250/month to reach that, and that's ever so slightly more than $300... Or did you mean $300/week? In that case, I'd imagine that you're dealing in a huge volume of sales, and will have no time to answer our questions.

Also, what's your secret? In addition to going to high school and maintaining my grades, I've been working my tail off at Kmart for a solid 25+ hours per week at what I thought was a respectable (for my age - 17) $6.75/hour, and I only brought in a little over $9,000 last year.

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Tom_G
How do people get to my website?
Only people I want to :)
Um, I only sell mainly to people I know or friends of my parents.
What do I do: I sell various items in people's possession for thm on the internet.
Why use me?
We'll I sell alot for people who either don't have the internet, computer and internet illeterate people,those who have no positive feedback yet on Ebay, people without the time to do selling/shipping, and people who are to lazy to do it themselves.
How do I make $15,000?
I also babysit large portions of the week and do odd jobs: mow lawns, clean house, wash cars.
There is also the occasional "Big" internet job when I'll sell a car or large collection of sports cards for a cut of 10 to 20 percent, sometimes more..
Nathan

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm proud to say that I've never once used spell check for a HTF post.
Oh, and you spelled buffoon incorrectly. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks