What's new

Am I the only one who's sad to cut up my Snow White cover? (1 Viewer)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
I think when you collect anything seriously you are considered meant to be just a bit anal. It's not necessary being an elitist bastard, it's just the nature of the beast.
I do agree that their Disney Rewards dollars/coupons system was better. I don't agree in cutting up my DVD covers. May be nobody will know, but I will. And it is, after all, my collection.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Holy cow!
" Just cut the little square out neatly, it' really not that big of a deal. With all of the shit going on in the world, do you guys really care that much about your precious little DVD box art?
I cut it out and sent it in for my 5 bucks without even thinking twice. It's the DVD inside the box that matters, plus, you can't even see the missing piece once the thing is on your shelf! The only one who notices it is you, once a year when you handle the box!
I'm astounded at the level of complaints on this board, one of the greatest DVDs to ever hit the market and you guys find something to complain about. $5 dollar rebates, free DVDs, and you guys still complain.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of this elitist, anal crowd. I'm going over to espn.com to read sports. "
I hope you go over to ESPN and stay there.
I think it is a same to cut up DVD covers. Heck there was no need for a response like that.
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
Rick,
Here here. Thanks for writing it. :)
If it's so important to have an unmutilated DVD cover, then simply don't take advantage of the special offer. It's good for what $20 worth of product?
------------------
-JQJ

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Unlike some of you who don't even think twice about the way something looks but there are people who do take care of the things they own. Let me be clear, I would have bought the Snow White DVD even if there was no special rebate. It's an awesome deal but I care as much about the disc as I do the packing.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I for one will never cut up the covers. I like to keep not just the DVD, but also the case and the cover in good condition at all times.
btw, one of the good things about the snapper cases is that you don't have to cut up the case. There's a little cardboard tab to tear off instead. :)
TO ALL STUDIOS (except maybe Warner): Don't make us cut up the covers anymore. Put the PoP inside the case or something like that

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Unlike some of you who don't even think twice about the way something looks but there are people who do take care of the things they own
I have one of the cleanest cars on the face of the earth! My house is relatively clean when compared to other people I know. Heck, even my Labrador Retriever is clean. :)
I take care of everything I own, even those shiny little movie disc thingies. My mistake here was that I perceived your original post as a complaint about the Snow White DVD release. If I mis-interpreted, again I apologize.

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Rick,
I just noticed that I made no reference to the fact that I was talking about the free movie deal in my original post. My bad :)

Lafe F

Second Unit
On another board I suggested scanning or photocopying the proof of purchase before cutting it out. Then carefully glue or tape the copy over the empty hole on the cover. It will look like new if you do it precisely.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
...just cut out my 1/2"x1/2" coupon off the back of Snow White and mailed it with a $1.99 check for one free DVD...and I think I'm gonna be okay!!!:D

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
At first I was sad to cut up the cover.
frown.gif
And then I thought about the extra free DVD I'd get by making some other wanted purchases, as well as the $5 discount for already owning the video, and I thought, "The SW DVD cover is a small price to pay for all these great incentives."
So, I'm going to cut the 1/2" x 1/2" squares out. :)
[Edited last by Nathan Webel on October 13, 2001 at 08:57 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks