What's new

Am I the only one who's sad to cut up my Snow White cover? (1 Viewer)

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Snow White DVD for 2 days now but still can't bring myself to cut up the cover. Am I the only one who feels this way?
frown.gif

Chris M

Second Unit
There is a free DVD offer if you buy Snow White and 2 other Disney DVD's, but you have to cut the Proof of Purchase out of the back of the packaging. Disney REALLY should have just included a coupon like they did with their point system.
It sucks, I don't think it's worth it.
Chris.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm in the same boat... I pre-ordered it from Suncoast, and the free dvd with pre-order offer requires you to cut the proof of purchase from the back jacket. I'm not sure if it's worth the free disc to butcher such a beautiful package.
The only reason I'm tempted to is because there are a few discontinued titles on that free disc offer that I wouldn't mind having.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I for one WILL NOT cut up my packaging for the free DVD offer. But one thing I will try is calling Disney & seeing they will except a photo copy of the proof of purchase. When I read the coupon, it also said that photo copies of the sales receipt will be accepted. So maybe, just maybe they will except a copy of the proof of purchase.
Joe-
patriot.gif

------------------
:alien:
View my DVD Collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=JOEFISHER

MikeM

Screenwriter
Can't you just order your disc from the Disney Store? I did. It hasn't arrived yet, but you pick the free Disney DVD that comes with it, so I'm assuming that they'll just ship them both, and not need to cut the cover.
Hey, I could be wrong...like I said, I didn't get it yet. I'll let you know when it arrives.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Mike,
I got both mine in the same box without having to cut the cover for that promotion. However, I will have to cut the cover and my LD back cover to get the $5 rebate!
crazy.gif

------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Can't you just order your disc from the Disney Store? I did. It hasn't arrived yet, but you pick the free Disney DVD that comes with it, so I'm assuming that they'll just ship them both, and not need to cut the cover.
Mike,
I think there are two different offers out there with different "free" titles to choose from. One is "Buy Snow White" and get another disc free. I agree with you that the easiest path for this was throught the Disney Stores due to immediate availability and no shipping, handling, or package mutilation. There is another "Buy Snow White and two other DVDs" and get a free disc offer that requires the PoP.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
Can you not provide a copy of the proof of purchase? If I remember the coupon correctly, it stresses that the original coupon must be sent, but does not say that the proofs of purchase must be original.
Of course, my memory could be faulty.
David

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm going to try sending a photocopy of mine with a note that says "I sincerely hope that a photocopy of the proof of purchase is acceptable to redeem this offer. Please design future offers so that the packaging does not have to mutilated on your collectible series of DVD's."
I did the pre-order deal, but unless you did it from the Disney Store or some online places, you DO have to send the POP to get your free movie. But I'll try the photocopy and see what happens... 'cause I really don't want a big square missing from my cover.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
If only you'd gone direct to the Disney Store and ordered it there in person, you would have gotten some nice lithographs, a (useless and ugly) pin, and a slip to redeem your free DVD along with Snow White on October 9. No cutting necessary.
------------------

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
I don't think that a photocopy is going to do it. There is another free offer for purchasing 2 movies plus affixing the tab C from snow white on the order form. If you read the fine print (this is on Disney's site) you'll note that a photocopy of the receipt is accepted but copies of the proof-of-purchase are not. So I don't think a photocopy of the original is going to cut it. Would it had cost so much to place a certificate of purchase inside the case?

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if I can find a high-res scan of the cover, print that out, cut it and send it in instead. Will they actually know the difference.

Dave Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Here's another idea....
Did you see the come-on that they have to get you on their mailing list? Register your DVD ang get free disk replacements???
Well, cut up the first one, then "have a problem" with the disk!!! Get a new one in the mail!
dave

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Holy cow!
Just cut the little square out neatly, it' really not that big of a deal. With all of the shit going on in the world, do you guys really care that much about your precious little DVD box art?
I cut it out and sent it in for my 5 bucks without even thinking twice. It's the DVD inside the box that matters, plus, you can't even see the missing piece once the thing is on your shelf! The only one who notices it is you, once a year when you handle the box!
I'm astounded at the level of complaints on this board, one of the greatest DVDs to ever hit the market and you guys find something to complain about. $5 dollar rebates, free DVDs, and you guys still complain.
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of this elitist, anal crowd. I'm going over to espn.com to read sports.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of this elitist, anal crowd. I'm going over to espn.com to read sports.
wow, normally i don't respond to those kinds of remarks, but you are way out of line.
Then freakin' leave and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!!!
if you're going to have that kind of attitude, i doubt you'll be welcome here anyway.
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
To paraphrase this thread's title, "Am I the only one who's sad to close up this Snow White thread because of Rick?"
All kidding aside, I have to admit that Rick has a good point. We should be lucky that Disney has given us this spectacular disc so cheaply. It's the DVD deal of the year, hands-down.
------------------

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I do apologize to Donavan for going a bit off-topic in a thread he started, he didn't deserve his thread to turned into a heated rant. Looking back, I should have started another thread.
But that is all I apologize for.
My point was and still is... Disney put out one hell of a product, and I was not sad to cut up the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks