What's new

Almost got divorced last night... (trust me its a TV topic) (1 Viewer)

Joe Rigali

Agent
I went into best buy yesterday to get Sworfish on DVD. I almost walked out with a 53in Toshiba HD TV theaterwide.
They have a sale going on today use your BestBuy card and get 10% off. The price was 2300.00 so i figured it would be about that with tax. Man that was tough not to buy it.
I currently have a 55 in magnavox - which is cool but I would love a Hd TV.
Well anyway the questions I wanted to ask you guys were
Do you see television prices dropping more anytme soon? Or was this a good price?

Brian_J

Second Unit
Or was this a good price?
Yes. Prices always drop but in comparison to a year ago, $2300 for a 50in television is incredible. BTW, the 57" can be found for that price over the internet.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think HDTV prices will keep dropping radically the next year or two. The technology is maturing so manufacturers can get the costs down, and they would love for us all to replace our regular NTSC sets. They know we won't do that if it would cost us $3000, but for $1000 we might be persuaded... at least that's what I think. And hope. :)
By the way, I think the same thing every time I go into Best Buy. :)
/Mike

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Well Im hoping that everyone starts becoming interested in the size of screen Front Projection gives you, so that the price of projectors will drop drastically.
Aaron

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I'm interested, I'm interested
wink.gif
...and prices are dropping. I've pretty much decided ( read -I convinced my wife) that the next purchase of a video monitor will be a front projector. There are some realy nice choices now for prices rivaling rear projection sets.
------------------
Michael Caicedo
Winter Park, FL
- At my signal, unleash hell...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks