What's new

Allen Iverson -- big trouble or minor inconvenience? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,
Your disdain for organized sports is well-documented, but I expect more from you than this kind of venomous (and slanderous) statement.
Iverson has never been convicted of anything, and - sorry to disappoint you - these charges were thrown out because they wouldn't have held up in court.
Some people want to see this as "a celebrity getting away with a crime".
I see it as "a celebrity being judged before it's appropriate solely because of his image/noteriety".
If this case had been filed against John Doe, it would have been thrown out just as quickly...only it wouldn't make the 6 o'clock news.
You've freely admitted to me that you don't like sports and that you know very little about them, so I'm wondering where your opinions about Iverson come from... (If you pull that old bowling alley story out of your knapsack, I may be unable to stifle a giggle.)
Is Iverson a role model? I don't believe so. Does he have some growing up to do? Im my mind, absolutely. Does that make him "scum" who arbitrarily deserves to be "locked up for a long, long time"? :rolleyes:I wouldn't even deign to answer that question.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
So apparently, he didn't pull the gun, and didn't even point to it or "brandish" it....That one's gone....I think the only charges left are terroristic threats or something.....

Bottom line for AI:

Grow up!!

Oh and Scott, I agree with most of your points save one:

Iverson IS a role model, like it or not.....Just look at how many Iverson jerseys are sold....Not everone buys them because of the color or they like the number 3.....

Iverson is one of the toughest ballplayers in the league right now, and that makes him a good role model. He plays hard and doesn't usually miss much time to injury(past season not withstanding).....Good stuff....

But his off the court stuff, which may influence just as many people(and maybe some of the same people) as his on-court stuff, leaves much to be desired....

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Iverson was convicted in Virginia, he's not allowed to have a gun. Whether or not he's guilty of this particular crime doesn't alter the fact that the man is scum. If he wasn't such a spoiled little brat, no one would ever believe that he could POSSIBLY do such a thing.

Charles Barkley said "I am not a role model", but like it or not, you play professional sports, act, or whatever, you ARE a role model. And if you don't act like it, you can still be a role model by paying for it in jail.

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
Here is some excellent information on this case. http://www.msnbc.com/news/786854.asp?0dm=s14Gs&cp1=1
It seems as if Allen Iverson was the real tenant in this case since he was paying the rent. You can't claim that he broke into a place if he is the one paying for it. Considering this, I can't see how they cops thought that they really had a case here. I had a feeling that once the details came out, there would be giant holes in this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks