What's new

All-you-can-eat-Brazillian-buffet - good idea or not? (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was with the HTF group that was treated to Picanha by THX in September. Man, that was some fine eating. I really didn't feel like I overindulged too much - just took a slice or two of the meats I was interested in.

I agree with most here that this is a once-or-twice a year thing. But if you like meat, get you to one of these places at least once. The meat at Picanha was among the finest I've ever eaten.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And remember you can always turn the wooden block over to say "No more, thanks." Of course some of us only figured that out after the fat...I mean, fact. :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
We have such a place here in Singapore as well, imaginatively called "Brazil Churrascaria" (sp?) Excellent stuff, but as already observed, at best a once-a-year treat. Since the wife and I haven't been in 3-4 years, I think another trip is long overdue :D

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
They have a couple of those in Manhattan. I think in mid-town. They're a really great way to start a bachelor party (bloated stomachs tend to limit alcohol consumption and therefore, regrettable incidents)

Gotta love the red and green disks. Green side up means "bring on the carnage", red means "Please wheel me to the bathroom, please."

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have been to the Fogo de Chao here in Dallas a couple of times. If I know I am going I don't eat all day!! Good stuff though. The one here has a great salad bar. Always opt for the papaya or mango drink thingy at the end..really helps to digest everything.

Laters,
Jeff

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I love Fogo de Chao. I try to go there at least once a month. The meat is very tasty and the salad bar is incredible. There's another churrascaria around the corner on Peachtree that I want to try.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
A churrascaria restaurant opened recently here, I went for the first time last sunday. As a meat lover, I was in heaven. Best food I have had in ages.

Haha, i left the place thing I would be back there at least once a month :D.

--
H - and I will.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... it's only been around 8 months since I first went to Fogo de Chau, and I've eaten there 3 times already! So much for the annual beef-fest for me, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks